Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius

Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius

My dealer tells me that all of their vehicles are coming in with the Sirius already activated.

We are supposed to get one year free. He is telling me not to call to activate it until Sirius cancels the service on the vehicle.

He says that they have had some cars on the lots for 18+ months and they still have the free Sat radio.

He tells me that most customers are getting up to two years before the service is shut off, then they call and get their free 1 year. We have had our new Town And Country for a month now and have not had to activate the Sirius.

What has everyone expierence been so far with this?
Old 01-07-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my Jeep On NOV 17 and it was activated when I got it. Still works.

My wife has a Honda with XM and we had to activate it and only got 2 months free. XM sucked and we didn't renew.

So for I am really liking the Sirius.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Mine came already activated and is stll going strong since May.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default True Dat

My Sirius was activated when I drove it off the lot. Made the long trip home pleasant. The manual says it is activated for a year.

It is hard to get excited over $80 or so ( adding another radio to my subscription) but I will take what I can get. It was a nice surprise. Maybe I can take the money and upgrade my lights.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2k8RubiRed
My Sirius was activated when I drove it off the lot. Made the long trip home pleasant. The manual says it is activated for a year.

It is hard to get excited over $80 or so ( adding another radio to my subscription) but I will take what I can get. It was a nice surprise. Maybe I can take the money and upgrade my lights.
I figure that if we have the "free" service on both of our vehicles, we are saving $20 per month from what we paid before. $20 a month is $20 a month.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree. If you can save $20 a month that can go towards something useful. For me it is more like $7 a month. But I am still not complaining "free" is always good.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was already activated when I picked my JK up in Dec. I put my other Sirius account on hold and have some credit sitting for when my current one goes up.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 AM
CPB
JK Newbie

Mine was not activated. I did it on the phone in my driveway. It took about 5 minutes.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine came activated. Nice suprise. Not sure how great the receiver is though. I get a lot of cut out when I go through a slightly tree covered area. Do some receivers have a buffer that helps with that?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BillyJack
Mine came activated. Nice suprise. Not sure how great the receiver is though. I get a lot of cut out when I go through a slightly tree covered area. Do some receivers have a buffer that helps with that?
I think that it does have a buffer/delay sort of. But pretty much all of them do that. The antenna is up in the sound bar so anytime it is cover ie trees carport etc it will say aquiring signal.
Mine had it when I drove off the lot still working since april of 07

Quick Reply: Sirius