Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius and XM

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerglen
My favorite two stations got canned too...Punk on Sirius and Fungus on XM are both gone. Seems like a horrible waste of bandwidth to dedicate two satellite systems to carrying virtually identical programming too. I'd rather see more diverse programming with less overlap between the two systems.

Now if they'd just merge the billing systems so I could get the multi-radio discount on my XM receiver too. (2 Sirius and 1 XM here.)
Punk was running all AC/DC then it was gone. But it looks like the new BONEYARD station #19 has replaced PUNK.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DtownJK
Punk was running all AC/DC then it was gone. But it looks like the new BONEYARD station #19 has replaced PUNK.
Yep, stadium rock and hair bands replaced the punk channel on Sirius. Boneyard will replace AC/DC on XM in January if you believe things you read on the internet.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have got to find a used radio that supports Sirius. I have been dying without Satellite Radio.

Oh... and Howard all the way. To those who haven't listened to him since the 90's, you have to give him another try. Its a completely different show now... for the better in my opinion.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smalls
I have got to find a used radio that supports Sirius. I have been dying without Satellite Radio.

Oh... and Howard all the way. To those who haven't listened to him since the 90's, you have to give him another try. Its a completely different show now... for the better in my opinion.
I used to listen to Stern out of New Orleans years ago. I actually liked him better then because he would go so close to the edge. But now on Sirius, he just says it...kinda takes the fun out of it for me. I still like him but not a huge fan as I was back in the day.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jarne
I used to listen to Stern out of New Orleans years ago. I actually liked him better then because he would go so close to the edge. But now on Sirius, he just says it...kinda takes the fun out of it for me. I still like him but not a huge fan as I was back in the day.
I didn't start listening to him until he was on Sirius, so maybe its just what you hear first. On fridays, he used to play old shows (now its 'Best of the Week") and I could barely listen. Not because of the subject matter, but the delivery. He is much more polished now and he has calmed down a bit.

Either way... its great entertainment.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smalls

[hijack]I have one I am willing to part with for cheap if you are interested since I upgraded to MyGig. I just have not posted it for sale yet. PM me if you are interested[/hijack]

I was kinda bummed that a few programs on my favorite station were canned. I was a big fan of Maxim 108. Covino and Rich are still around but Devore and Diana are gone and I think Stretch as well
Old 11-13-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmr2
My 2 favorite stations got canned. I'm just too embarrassed to mention which ones. Damn merger.

go for it, we wanna hear

83 Chrome
80 The Move
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just and FYI, i have the Sirius Everything plus the Best of XM, and yes it does work on our radios.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

My fear is that with the lack of competition now the subscription rates will go out of sight
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a big fan of whats going on with XM. I think it sucks now I feel they took off alot of good stations in each catagory. I noticed it yesterday so I printed out a list of the new line up. I hope it gets better or ill just cancel.

Quick Reply: Sirius and XM