Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Soundbar speakers, what are you using?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundbar speakers, what are you using?

I have the nito amp ordered, and I want to change the soundbar speakers. I am wondering what speakers you guys are using in soundbar, besides the stock ones? I can't find many speakers that will fit in the soundbar. I have been reading on here, and I think I should try to get 2ohm speakers. What would happen if I used 4ohm? Any input would be greatly appreciated, because I don't have a clue when it come to audio stuff. My Jeep has the infinity system, and I would like to just put better Infinity speakers in there, but I don't know what will fit.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I replaced all 4 (dash and sound bar) with Polk DB651S. They fit without issues and IMO sound much better than stock. My Nitro amp is supposed to be delivered today, so I'll have an update once it's installed.

The Polk speakers are 4 Ohm impedance. It doesn't seem to have made a difference in available sound. I have the 6 disk DVD changer and rarely go above 20 on the volume setting.

I got the speakers a couple of weeks ago from Crutchfield and they had a second set for 1/2 price special that made them irresistible.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed my Nitro amp. It took all of 15 minutes and like everyone else I can confirm that the soundbar speakers are now much louder. It seems to have added some bass, not sure if the sub is boosted a bit, or if it's from the soundbar.

For $150 and 15 minutes I don't think this can be beat.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

JBL

TSK<>
Old 07-05-2008, 01:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I just installed Infinity Kappa 60.7cs in the soundbar. They sounded so good I either had to fade it to the front or just let them overpower the fronts. I resolved this problem by simply ordering a set for the fronts. They were a really good deal, so it was hard to pass up.

They ended up looking pretty stock up in the soundbar, since I was able to get them under the stock speaker covers. The tweeter is the only thing that gives them away, but other than that, nobody should be able to notice em.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default amp?

[QUOTE=SaharaBlackNo1;580789]I just installed Infinity Kappa 60.7cs in the soundbar. They sounded so good I either had to fade it to the front or just let them overpower the fronts. I resolved this problem by simply ordering a set for the fronts. They were a really good deal, so it was hard to pass up.

What are you using to drive the speakers?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by movielabs

What are you using to drive the speakers?
The Infinity Nitro Amp currently, but I'm wondering if once I've got the matching fronts in next week, along with the Kicker sub mod in the stock housing (there's a link to it somewhere), if I'll want to go with a slightly more powerful amp. For now though, the Nitro amp seems capable of driving everything pretty well and I don't know enough (or anything at all) about stereos to know if I'd be even happier with a more powerful amp. If I decide to go with an aftermarket amp, I think for that I'll just take it to a shop, unless there's one that plugs right in like the Nitro Amp. lol That's about the extent of my amp wiring abilities.

Despite what Crutchfield says, the 60.7cs fit really nicely in the soundbar with only minimal trimming of the factory cover and the mounting bracket.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
***erator

Originally Posted by Clump
Just installed my Nitro amp. It took all of 15 minutes and like everyone else I can confirm that the soundbar speakers are now much louder. It seems to have added some bass, not sure if the sub is boosted a bit, or if it's from the soundbar.

For $150 and 15 minutes I don't think this can be beat.
Are u saying the amp was only $150? If so where do you get it?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put some crossfire 2 way 6.5's up there. sound great!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone got a write up of the installation with pics? Did you have to solder the new speakers, or just splice wires?

Quick Reply: Soundbar speakers, what are you using?