Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker help please

Old 05-27-2018, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker help please

I have a 2015 Jeep JKU Sport and wanted to up grade speakers w factory head unit. New head unit showed up today by not installed yet. After reading and seeing so much on YouTube about how much better sounding everything is I took the plung. I bought 4 Alpine sps-610 6.5” speakers and Jeep plug adapters. I installed the 2 rears and right front. I used polyfill as well. Before installing the drivers side I decided to do a comparison on sound. I prepared myself to be blowed away......but honestly the 1 factory dash speaker sounded the best as I changed faders and balance. I though wow, all these people said what a change it made but mine sucked. I have to turn the volume almost all the way up to play as a decent sound level. After looking up on google I see the factory amp is a 2 ohm and most all speakers are 4 ohms. I was told that was the problem. I understand what he’s saying but how can so many people be swapping out for JLs , kicker , Polk ect and keep claiming unbelievable sound improvement all w the factory amp? Yes I connected the coax correct as one is small and 1 is larger incase that’s what comes to mind lol
any help is greatly appreciated as I’m sick over this Alpine investment that seems to be a bust
Old 06-09-2018, 02:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recommended this one
Little late on your response but..... I just added 4 kicks. Did improve sound quality but nothing major. I talked to a guy that knew his stuff and owned a Jeep Wrangler . Works for a company that sell auto stereo equipment. He said the only way to get better sound with factory HU is to add a powered sub. Not gonna be a loud setup but def improvement. Problem is space. Unfortunately you’re looking at $300 and up for a small sub to fit under your seat. Hope this helps. I’m in the same boat

Last edited by Shub_31; 06-09-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you so much for your response Went ahead and purchased a 7” Pioneer touch screen , Focal speakers all the way around and a slim 12” JL AUDIO box . Jl 4chanmel amp and alpine mono amp. Was supposed to install 2 days ago but installers hand is all swollen up and he may lose it. I’ll get back once everything is installed and do a review
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are disappointed because you don't have enough power and have no bass. You need to add an amplifier subs. You can go with a cheap all-in-one 8" or all out with a pair of 10s under your seats:

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you

Very cool set up !!! Nice and hidden away

Quick Reply: Speaker help please