Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Steering wheel controls: Who cares?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I use mine all the time. To each his own... I'm not a utilitarian Jeep owner. I enjoy my creature comforts and proudly admit it!!

And yes, I off road my vehicle.... lol... heading to Uwharrie on Saturday.... wave if you see me.
+1 Love my creature comforts too. One of those situations where once you've had them I guess you don't want to give them up. lol

When I replaced my stock HU with a Pioneer unit, I used a programmable PAC unit that allowed me to reprogram the steering wheel controls to an array of standard radio controls (Next, pause, stop, source, etc.).
Old 08-15-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you want this : pac rp4-ch11
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
I believe you want this : pac rp4-ch11
Well THAT makes the decision a bit easier. Thank you.

So can someone tell me just what I would get from the Idatalink that I wouldn't get from this simple PAC?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. Just what IS Uconnect? Almost every head unit out there has Bluetooth connection to the phone. Other than steering wheel controls, what is it that I would be connecting to?

Quick Reply: Steering wheel controls: Who cares?