Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket

Old 09-06-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tylerm78 how did you retrofit the connection from the jeep? i have a set of dually spots on the way for the fog light position and am very curious on how you made this evolution seamless? i despise having to cut and splice factory wiring harness.

also, i have a 2007 and heard the trucklite headlights don't flicker... i have a set of those on the way as well.. and it seems like this project went to hell in a hand basket real quick!!!!!

any suggestion? i'm electrically stupid.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blacktie
also, i have a 2007 and heard the trucklite headlights don't flicker... i have a set of those on the way as well.. and it seems like this project went to hell in a hand basket real quick!!!!!

any suggestion? i'm electrically stupid.
i just installed the TL's and have no flicker. i used the supplied harness that came with them from Northridge. mine is a 2012, so not sure if there are any changes to the electrical system between the years that could cause a difference. i also ordered the Duallys, but still have to install them so can't help you yet with questions.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blacktie
tylerm78 how did you retrofit the connection from the jeep? i have a set of dually spots on the way for the fog light position and am very curious on how you made this evolution seamless? i despise having to cut and splice factory wiring harness..
It was kinds tedious but not difficult. I used a tiny screwdriver (like the kind you use on glasses) to release the pins from the plastic connector on both the stock wiring and the Rigid harness. Remove the rubber seal from the base of the connector and transfer it to the stock wiring. Once I had the connectors removed I aligned the stock wires in the Rigid connector. This was the tricky part. Make sure they are square in the hole and they will only lock in one way. They are a different style than the Rigid pins so they take some tweaking to fit. Once you have them in correctly plug the connector in to check the connection and confirm they stay all the way in. Once you're happy with the fit press the rubber seal back in place and it should be as solid and as watertight as before.

I'm going to install a diode inline to eliminate the flashing when turned off. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

hey sorry didn't see that post here is basically what I used...
h ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Warning-Error-Decoder-Canceller-Capacitor-Anti-Flicker-For-Xenon-HID-Light-/160816198772?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item2571647474&vxp=mtr
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

lovin this thread, gonna keep following. i allready have the trucklite 10 LED in my head lights, and love them. which rigid lights are you running in there? the d2 or dually d2? need to know, so i am not blinding everyone including big rigs. let me know so i can get these bad boys on order.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the Dually spots for fogs. Contemplated going with the D2 driving but the guys @ Northridge talked me out of them. Kinda wish I would've went that direction. The spots are great and throw the light far, but in the stock location it's like a flashlight in front of you. Don't do the floods. You'll blind everyone.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tylerm78
I'm running the Dually spots for fogs. Contemplated going with the D2 driving but the guys @ Northridge talked me out of them. Kinda wish I would've went that direction. The spots are great and throw the light far, but in the stock location it's like a flashlight in front of you. Don't do the floods. You'll blind everyone.

Same thing with the Driving beam, the spot is the only pattern that won't. It's the drawback of using them in the fog position, the pattern is wide like the floods because they're designed that way. I've ran every beam pattern available and some say you can get away with the Driving, but get in a "car" and pull in front of your jeep and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about...you'd want to get out and kill the guy behind you and you'd be saying "asshole" under your breathe the whole time if it wasn't your ride.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fadeout
Same thing with the Driving beam, the spot is the only pattern that won't. It's the drawback of using them in the fog position, the pattern is wide like the floods because they're designed that way. I've ran every beam pattern available and some say you can get away with the Driving, but get in a "car" and pull in front of your jeep and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about...you'd want to get out and kill the guy behind you and you'd be saying "asshole" under your breathe the whole time if it wasn't your ride.
Ditto on the d1's in flood and factory fogs...

Which d2 pattern are folks happily & safely sure is working well in the factory spot

Matthew
Old 09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

I actually should've specified I was talking about the D2's in driving pattern that's what I used and are now located elsewhere. If I ever do change them out I'd run the D2's in spot in the fogs.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

how about the D2's floods on the windshield?? anyone have them there... or maybe the D2's Driving on the windshield.. I'm looking for offroad use only for these.

Quick Reply: Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket