Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket

Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
I saw that thread and I'm trying to figure out a way to mount those truck lite fogs in my Brawler bumper. I'm gonna make that work and sell off my rigid spots since they're not a full time solution.
I need to stay on top of things- truck-lite fogs FTW
I may be in the market for rigid spots

Last edited by dogsonparade; 11-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Got word from two sources that these do not fit in the brawler light bumper.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

Many THX to Matthewd5 for this thread! With the help of my friend & following this thread we successfully added my BDF brackets and dually fog light replacement lights wiring then into the factory fog light switch! Officially wired working perfectly! Now when I want to I can turn on the Dually's in the bumper (using factory switch), the 10" rigid hood light (wired thru SPOD), and my Dually D2's on the A-pillar (wired thru SPOD)!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Has anyone seen the new Trucklite "fog" lights that match the headlights? They're designed as "side lights" on motorcycles, specifically Harley's (where they'll evidently drop right into the housings next to the center light). They look cool, but like the JW Speakers, there is no mounting system for a JK right now. They're intriguing though. There's a great write up on ********* showing pictures of them side by side to the JW Speaker lights. I think the thread was called Headlight Shootout and you need to go to page 24. I'm also now looking at Hella lights for the fog location. They make HID projector beam low beams and high beam units. They're expensive as hell, but I really want an HID or LED solution to supplement my Trucklite headlights; the low beams are lacking and I just want more light out there. A guy on expedition portal sent me some pics of his hella setup yesterday. I'll download them and post them. Hella also makes Halogen versions of the same lights which are about 1/5th the price of the HIDs. Might be worth trying to start. With projector beam lenses, the cutoff is a straight line and you can easily run HIDs without being that guy!
Yes, there is a competing product with JW Speaker as well. A company has made a bracket to mount the JW Speaker "fogs" into our factory fog housing, but the bracket (and lights) cost a fortune IMO.

The same company compared the Trucklite "fog" lights to the JW Speaker "fogs" and it appears the JWS trounces the Trucklights in that department.

The name of the company escapes me at the moment. Perhaps if it weren't so amazingly costly for their brackets I'd remember it
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See my writeup on the PIAA 530s. I installed one of them tonight in my AEV bumper; fits perfectly. They were like $180 for true LED fog lights that should compliment my TLs perfectly. Once I get them wired, I will post more in that thread. I've included some prelim pics in the thread too.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spore
Yes, there is a competing product with JW Speaker as well. A company has made a bracket to mount the JW Speaker "fogs" into our factory fog housing, but the bracket (and lights) cost a fortune IMO.

The same company compared the Trucklite "fog" lights to the JW Speaker "fogs" and it appears the JWS trounces the Trucklights in that department.

The name of the company escapes me at the moment. Perhaps if it weren't so amazingly costly for their brackets I'd remember it
Jeep Wrangler JK LED Fog Light Bracket Kit

Agreed, I don't know why they want so much for those brackets, probably takes a CNC machine about 12 seconds to cut them out.

For those that are running, or have run Rigid D1 spots in the stock fog location what is the problem with that set up? Is it cut off, spread, pattern? I was just about to do this and now I've been given pause.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Check out my writeup on the PIAA 530s. I will have my finalized tomorrow. They appear to be a great compliment to my Trucklites. Lights and brackets are $240.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Can you run these on road? Or are they offroad only? I dont have any fogs on my XRC bumper and i need more light
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Rigid's no, PIAAs yes.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why do you say no on the rigid? I use them on the road.

Quick Reply: Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket