Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stereo Splurge Purchase

Old 04-23-2018, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Splurge Purchase

So I purchased a OEM stereo via facebook marketplace out of a 2011 Dodge Ram for 2012 JKU. I wanted to upgrade from a the most basic system to the touchscreen with bluetooth. Now, I'm starting to wonder if it was a good idea. I've only got some bits and pieces of what it would require to have this installed. I know I need to flash the system and that it will fit in my JK but other then I not. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide some guidance.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about doing the same thing but...... go to Crutchfield.com I am so thrilled that I bought the receiver below. They provided a plug and play harness and even prewired it for me. I bought a back up camera and they give you the mounting plastic tabs so it fits perfect. This thing is 10 times better than stock. I installed it myself or you can have a pro do it but it's super easy for less than the original. My backup camera fits on the license plate light perfectly. You won't regret it.

Quick Reply: Stereo Splurge Purchase