Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock Interior (Weather Sealed???)

Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Interior (Weather Sealed???)

I know it's probably been asked several times but it's a simple question and a simple answer should do.

Is the MyGig system and all the controls on that panel (Climate control, etc.) water tight? I want to line the bottom of the jeep with LineX and I would like to be able to spray it out with a hose when it gets dirty, but if the electronics aren't sealed then I cant do that...

I know a buddy of mine had a 1998 Jeep and his were sealed, but I want to make sure and not just assume mine is too..

Thanks for any reply.

-PP(TM)
Old 07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't believe it is... I have a 2007 but I do believe I read in the 2008 manual that you should not let water get into your electronics...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

absolutely not. please give me your mygig before you spray it with water. spraying the floor out with water won't hurt anything, but don't spray your dash/ console. there are electronics everywhere in these things and they're far from water tight...
Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the record also. The 1998 jeep was also not sealed. They never have been.

Quick Reply: Stock Interior (Weather Sealed???)