Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock speakers

Old 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock speakers

I am patiently waiting for my Rubicon to arrive , but wanted to ask all of you , how are the speakers and system ?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

My MyGig sounds great.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

The thing is , I did not get the Mygig , I just went with the stock one because all I need is a hook up for my ipod .
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

If you got the Infinity your good but probably depends on what your used to. I had an F-150 and this system Blows that one away.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

got the 7 speaker infinity.... never thought about upgrading. sounds great
Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
got the 7 speaker infinity.... never thought about upgrading. sounds great
I agree, keep in mind I'm almost 59 though. If I want better quality sound I will listen to my tunes at home. Too many other other things to enjoy while driving the jeep. Life is short!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nicky the Greek, eh? Let a fellow Greek named Nicky fill you in on the Infinity system. It makes the system in my first car sound like an AM radio station. It's definitely a quality system for stock, but it's not mind-blowing.

The only real complaint I have is the speakers in the sound bar. Bleh. You can't really notice how bad they are until you turn off the speakers in the front and send all the sound to the back.

The sub isn't anything special, either. I have the bass all the way up and you can barely tell there's a sub in the back.

Within the span of 8 months I already blew out the front left speaker. I didn't blow it out completely, but I'm getting the annoying humming and crackling every now and then.

I'm only picky 'cause I'm a musician, but chances are you'll love the Infinity system (if you have it, that is). I haven't heard the stock system for the X model, but I've heard that the Infinity system blows it out of the water.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nickythegreek
I am patiently waiting for my Rubicon to arrive , but wanted to ask all of you , how are the speakers and system ?
Jeep Patriot system is better than stock JK, why is that ?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

I have the stock system it is ok at best. I got a cheap $100 bazooka bass tube and upgraded the 4 interiors to polk speakers and I love it now.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had some loud ass systems in the past with some pretty nice setups, and I haven't upgraded mine. I'll probably do it someday, but it's really a pretty decent stock setup. As was said, it's not mind blowing but it does pretty good. Has just enough highs and lows to satisfy me until I feel like going all out.

Quick Reply: Stock speakers