Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Superchips Flashpaq question

Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flashpaq question

I am thinking of buying the Flashpaq for my 08' Rubicon. I was wondering if the functions that allow for the clearing of the DTC's will get rid of the "change oil" warning that replaces the odometer reading (and that annoying chime that accompanies it) ? Or will I have to go to the dealership in order to reset/eliminate this problem ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

It won't eliminate the oil change message, but you can reset it yourself very easily. Turn the key on, press and release the accelerator 3 times in less than 10 seconds, and turn the key off. I think I get the sequence right, but it's in the manual if you want to double check it.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info Jeff. I will give it a shot. Maybe even crack open my owners manual again while I'm at it. Sounds like it's just a temporary fix though. Does "reset" mean it goes away for a while then, eventually comes back? How long till it returns? Are we talking starscan (or whatever the name of the programmer at the dealership is called)?

Last edited by rizzosmith; 12-11-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reset as in set the alert to occur in another 3000 miles. It's not a snooze button but the official procedure that the dealer does when they change your oil.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Skippman, that's what I thought (well, hoped actually).

Last edited by rizzosmith; 12-12-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq question