Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switch tach and speedometer?

Old 08-08-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Switch tach and speedometer?

One thing I've noticed about the JK is the tach and speedometer are switched as compared to the TJ. On a TJ, the tach is on the left and the speedometer is on the right. But they decided to change this on the JK. Problem is, when your JK is a stick, you have your right hand on the stick, and your left hand on top of the wheel and your arm covers the speedometer and you can only see the tach. Am I the only one who is really annoyed by this?

I'm wondering, if at all possible, if you could switch the two gauges around. I haven't had a chance to take things apart and look so I'm wondering if anyone out there has taken their dash apart and if this is even possible to do.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djdingo
Am I the only one who is really annoyed by this?
Yep

I never really saw it as an issue. Now when I go home from work, I'll probably pay closer attention and be really annoyed by this.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never really noticed this but I probably will now. They probably made it that way because you need to see the tach on this model due to the exhaust being so dam quiet.

Quick Reply: Switch tach and speedometer?