Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switched fuse connection ?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched fuse connection ?

Just got an X unlimited. Need to tap you guys for an install question. I'm transfering my GPS (Garmin 276) amongst other things to the X. I'm a bit electrically challenged. My ? is: I want a "switched" fuse location to install an "add a fuse" for the Garmin so it will completely shut down with the ignition turned off. Hard wired to the battery, the unit remains in a semi-on mode indicating the "charge mode" is complete. I'm sure this is drawing a small amount of current. In my previous vehicle I had the luxury of an interior secondary fuse box and it was easy to figure out which fusses were switched. The Jeep appears to have only one fuse box and no easy access for aftermarket installs as in getting the wires into the box and clearance for the add a fuse without jerry rigging an alternative waterproof entry into the box. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanx.

Last edited by Bruce K; 03-22-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Switched fuse connection ?