Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tap light in sound bar on 4 door

Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tap light in sound bar on 4 door

Ok,

I am assuming (big one here) that the sound bar in the 4-door and 2-door are the same... if so the touch light from the back should fit in the sound bar... correct? I'd love to be able to turn on the dome light without cranking the dash lights and MyGig... worth picking up a rear touch light if it will work... Any feed back... someone who has access to both a 2 and 4 door take a look for me...

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

I am just going off on a limb here and say that if the light will fit you would have to rewire the circuit to allow a constant hot plus the door switch leg also
Old 05-21-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I figure I'll grab the juice from the back light, just splice right off the other tap light and run the wires along the roll bar.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

**bump**
Old 05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Part #?

I think I may give this a wirl... any of you guys happen to know the part number for the rear tap light and I'll get one on order. How hard can it be, right?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I took a look without pulling the sound bar a part and it looks like the bezels on the rear and sound bar light are the same - I *think* the rear light can be moved to the front and wired up to work... I think.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

I took both of mine out and they have the same part #s stamped on them. The only difference I could see was the switch part. The plug is the same, just missing one of the wires. The local Jeep dealer wants $71 for the switched light and said he could'nt get me the wire terminal, just the whole harness. I looked at Napa and on the web a little with no luck on the terminal yet. Anyone know where to get chrysler terminals?

Quick Reply: Tap light in sound bar on 4 door