Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Trailer Wiring Harness Help

Old 12-27-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Trailer Wiring Harness Help

I did a quick search on the forum, but I didn't find too much.

I am trying to hookup a wiring harness for towing, and the instructions want me to disconnect the wiring connector leading to the drivers side tail light. The harness has a T-connector that sit between the tail light and everything else.

My problem is this...

The instructions I am going off of simply say to disconnect the existing connector and to be careful no the break the tabs. No pictures, no nothing.

Does anyone have any pictures, or can explain how to disconnect this connector leading to the drivers side tail light? Again, I just don't want to break the darn thing in my haste.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out.

The connector has a tab located on its top (the side opposite the one attached to the metal bracket of the light itself). I simply pressed down on that tab and pulled the opposite connector out and it just slid out without any effort. In the above picture my pointer finger is pressed down on the tab.

From what I experienced if you have to put any force into pulling the opposite cable then you are probably doing it incorrectly.

Quick Reply: Trailer Wiring Harness Help