Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Treo 700P Uconnect Help

Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treo 700P Uconnect Help

I have a verizon Treo 700P and I am trying to pair the phone with U connect and I follow the prompts and my phone see's the U-connect but it wont connect and it times out. I just updated the mygig with the latest vesrion 9.7...? and I have Lock Pick. Anyone have any helpful hints?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think the treo 700 is compatible.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Woo Hoo something I can help someone with lol. I use to work for Sprint PCS and I was in the Advanced Tech lab and all we dealt with was pda's and data cards for laptops.

It should be about the same with Verizon but the links im going to provide are for Sprint since I am familiar with those phones.

The Chrysler U-Connect is a support device per Palm. There is a catch however. You do need an update to get this to work right.

Look under cars kits in this link for bluetooth compatibility. Here

It looks to me like this update is for both Sprint and Verizon phones cause you can choose your provider when you choose the update option.

Do that update and it should get ya going.

If not you might try a hard reset or give your provider a call in order to get it straightened out. I have seen some odd phones not want to work with some things before and I would just send the customer a new phone.

O heres a good one for you. This is just for entertainment. One day I get a call and there is a girl on the line. She tells me that her phone stopped working. I asked what she was doing last when it stopped working and out came an answer I was not expecting. She said "I was replying to a text message in the shower" I almost died laughing at that point. After the long pause and my trying to keep from laughing she then says "I do it all the time thats the first time iv had a problem."

O yea and I have a Treo 700WX. I love these Treos cant wait for the 800WX to come out. I have garmin XT with American Roads 2008 and Topo 2008 that work great.

Last edited by JKmike07; 03-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsokitsgot4wd
I have an LG vx8700 I cant seem to pair up either, I ge tthe same thing as you, my phone sees uconnect, but wont link. Im w verizon, have a lockpick, but not v9.7

Help mee too oh bluetooth master!
i believe the 9.7 upgrade will work with your phone....
Old 03-11-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I updated my Treo to the latest version and it paired up fine and works great.....thanks for your help
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKmike07
Woo Hoo something I can help someone with lol. I use to work for Sprint PCS and I was in the Advanced Tech lab and all we dealt with was pda's and data cards for laptops.

It should be about the same with Verizon but the links im going to provide are for Sprint since I am familiar with those phones.

The Chrysler U-Connect is a support device per Palm. There is a catch however. You do need an update to get this to work right.

Look under cars kits in this link for bluetooth compatibility. Here

It looks to me like this update is for both Sprint and Verizon phones cause you can choose your provider when you choose the update option.

Do that update and it should get ya going.

If not you might try a hard reset or give your provider a call in order to get it straightened out. I have seen some odd phones not want to work with some things before and I would just send the customer a new phone.

O heres a good one for you. This is just for entertainment. One day I get a call and there is a girl on the line. She tells me that her phone stopped working. I asked what she was doing last when it stopped working and out came an answer I was not expecting. She said "I was replying to a text message in the shower" I almost died laughing at that point. After the long pause and my trying to keep from laughing she then says "I do it all the time thats the first time iv had a problem."

O yea and I have a Treo 700WX. I love these Treos cant wait for the 800WX to come out. I have garmin XT with American Roads 2008 and Topo 2008 that work great.
Mike, you are just the person I am looking for!

The initial pairing of my Treo 650 on Sprint PCS last night worked great. Received a couple phone calls and it was fine.

However, when I got into my Jeep this AM, it did not automatically find my phone. I tried to pair it several times and it would not find it. Funny thing is, when I looked into my bluetooth manager on the phone, UConnect is still listed under All Known Devices but does not have a key icon next to it like my headset name does. Uconnect is also not listed under "Trusted Devices" whereas my headset is.

I am running PalmOne Bluetooth Manager v 1.0 and haven't been able to find an upgrade. Do you have insight on if this is an issue with my phone and service or are there some steps I can take to make it automatically detect my phone when I get near the MyGig?? Your link seems to be only for the 700. What about us ole 650 users??

Thanks!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default Treo 700P and U Connect

I have a Treo 700P on the verizon network with software version 1.06 VZW paired with a 07 wrangler with a RER nav running software version 9.715
Incoming calls work fine I can hear the other callers thru the jeeps speakers and they can hear me so the mic is working properly.
I am unable to get any audio thru the jeep when making an outgoing phone call. I have tried to dial using the phone's keypad and i have tried using the voice reconigition from the U connect.
Does anyone know if the phone is incompatible or if a software upgrade on the phone is needed?
If there are any work arounds to make this work please let me know.
I have verified that the Uconnect is fully functional(incoming and outgoing audio) by testing it with my blackberry.
I would really like to be able to use the keypad on the treo for dialing and use the Uconnect as the speakerphone and mic. I would also like to toggle between the Uconnect speakerphone and the handset for conversations I dont want on speaker.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen
Old 08-30-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the treo 800w it would not pair with 9.715 i just updated to 9.807 and it works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Treo 700P Uconnect Help