Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

TRUCK-LITE led headlight issue in one of the headlight , posted video to see , help !

Old 11-06-2015, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK-LITE led headlight issue in one of the headlight , posted video to see , help !

Hey guys I've had these for a year , but as of yesterday one of the lights has been acting funny , it has a flicker and it almost seems as though its ready to die , lighting has been cut by over 50%
Any ideas ?? these are pretty costly so I'm trying to see if it might be wiring or something before buying another bulb , they are truck-lite 27270c ,, one of those links will work

https://youtu.be/Y87JWYqf_WQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87JWYqf_WQ
Old 11-07-2015, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a very similar issue, intermittent flickering on my passenger side. I swapped anti flicker harnesses and still had it show up on the passenger side, and eventually had that light replaced by truck-lite.

Funny thing is, I still had the flickering issue until I zip tied the hell out of the wiring, to include zipping to two wires coming out of the anti flicker harness together tightly. I haven't had the issue for a few months now.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had to slightly bend the tabs on my harnesses then zip-tie them together for a better electrical contact. That fixed the issue with one of mine.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

trucklite has very good customer service if you give them a call or email they will help. They replaced mine with no hassle.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

If it is just a bad connection, make sure to use plenty of dielectric grease on the connector, and then wrap tightly with electrical tape or zip tie.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I had issues with the connection from the jeep, to the anti flicker...so I said, **** it. I am never taking them out again and cut the two connectors off and soldered the wires together permanently. Works great, no issues since.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:52 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Had to zip tie the harness as well. No problems noted in the last yr.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ddhowel
I had a very similar issue, intermittent flickering on my passenger side. I swapped anti flicker harnesses and still had it show up on the passenger side, and eventually had that light replaced by truck-lite.

Funny thing is, I still had the flickering issue until I zip tied the hell out of the wiring, to include zipping to two wires coming out of the anti flicker harness together tightly. I haven't had the issue for a few months now.
The plastic on the anti flicker harness that plugs into the factory connector has to be trimmed or shaved sometimes. I had mine zip tied for months until the gate guard told me I had a headlight out. I wiggled the connector and it would either flicker or not work at times. I shaved a little under 1/8 inch off of the end of the plastic so it could lock firmly in place and haven't had any problems since.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't have a flicker problem but did have a dim headlight. I emailed customer service and they sent me a replacement with an RMA to return my defective unit. It took about a week for the replacement to arrive. I returned the positive until in the same packaging and shipping was covered by them. I can only say positive things about Trucklite because it was no argument or hassle. They ship the replacement first so I could use the dim light until it arrived.

Is it possible you have two problems. A bad headlight and a bad connection/anti flicker unit?
Old 11-26-2015, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Mine has been doing the same exact thing.

Quick Reply: TRUCK-LITE led headlight issue in one of the headlight , posted video to see , help !