Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

UConnect

Old 08-18-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm that is alot for a simple wire plug. Guess Jeep has got us on this one. What a waste. Just glad its something I can do, course other that the scan part.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mdenovellis
With that said, all I should need to purchase is the MOPAR 'Uconnect Hands Free Cellular Kit w/ iPod Integration'. Part # 82211878 for around $225 to $250, and install it.

Then bring the Jeep to the service department to have them utilize the StarScan tool and 'enable' the new device within the stereo.
Mike, I did exactly that last week. In fact, I purchased an REQ (non-nav, 6-disk, Sirius, with both buttons) from a member on this forum to replace the basic RES I had. I installed the REQ, purchased and installed Uconnect Hands Free part 82211878 for $235 from a dealer, then had a different dealer activate the Uconnect for $35 (.5 hr labor). I also had them update my sales codes with the REQ I installed, the Mopar cruise control I installed, the Mopar fogs I installed so those items are now covered with a 3 yr, 36k mile warranty.

Keep in mind that when they Starscan your computer, it may reset your speedometer if you have previously calibrated for bigger shoes. They didn't charge me when I had to take it back because they reset the settings.

This thread by RichC is helpful too. Look for a link to the manual on page 2, I was unable to link directly to the pdf.

Last edited by slanidracula; 08-18-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

The real problem is getting a dealer who will starscan it for you at all, at least here in Texas. Check my thread under uconnect and dealers in Texas. In my opinion you are way better off buying a Parrot ck3100. It uses voice dial and does not leave you dependent upon unethical dealer service departments. I feel like I lost $200 by doing a self install. :-(

Originally Posted by slanidracula
Mike, I did exactly that last week. In fact, I purchased an REQ (non-nav, 6-disk, Sirius, with both buttons) from a member on this forum to replace the basic RES I had. I installed the REQ, purchased and installed Uconnect Hands Free part 82211878 for $235 from a dealer, then had a different dealer activate the Uconnect for $35 (.5 hr labor). I also had them update my sales codes with the REQ I installed, the Mopar cruise control I installed, the Mopar fogs I installed so those items are now covered with a 3 yr, 36k mile warranty.

Keep in mind that when they Starscan your computer, it may reset your speedometer if you have previously calibrated for bigger shoes. They didn't charge me when I had to take it back because they reset the settings.

This thread by RichC is helpful too. Look for a link to the manual on page 2, I was unable to link directly to the pdf.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 PM
JK Newbie

I have the single disc player also, and have my uconnect enabled. It will work but be patient with the dealership because most of mopars techs are dumba$$e$. THE STORY: I went through all of my paperwork when buying my jeep and went through the brochure. There is nothing stating that it is an option in the WRANGLER books (in other books it is an option). Found this out due to buying two jeeps in the same day. One did state that it was an option. So the dealership gave me the module for FREE on the Wrangler and I had to pay for my Patriot. Programming the thing to work was a whole different beast. They had to flash the system several times before getting it to even recognize the module (still didn't work though). THE FIX: There is an older program in which they had to put on their STAR system that would correctly enable the uconnect. I will call the tech that I put through HELL to see what version it was. Brian is the man and was a great tech with tons of patience. FINALLY: It works and I use it all the time.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM
JK Newbie

That would be great! I recently tried to return the module and that dealer told me a similar story...that there is or was some kind of unique fix available for the uconnect with single cd. Mine is a 2007, I wonder if that makes any difference?

Steve

Originally Posted by phillips_kl
I have the single disc player also, and have my uconnect enabled. It will work but be patient with the dealership because most of mopars techs are dumba$$e$. THE STORY: I went through all of my paperwork when buying my jeep and went through the brochure. There is nothing stating that it is an option in the WRANGLER books (in other books it is an option). Found this out due to buying two jeeps in the same day. One did state that it was an option. So the dealership gave me the module for FREE on the Wrangler and I had to pay for my Patriot. Programming the thing to work was a whole different beast. They had to flash the system several times before getting it to even recognize the module (still didn't work though). THE FIX: There is an older program in which they had to put on their STAR system that would correctly enable the uconnect. I will call the tech that I put through HELL to see what version it was. Brian is the man and was a great tech with tons of patience. FINALLY: It works and I use it all the time.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 6 disc, no nav, no sirius with UConnect and iPod interface. I got a deal for $ 280 when buying both at the dealer and I'm very happy with it. I just use it for answering calls, since voice dialing or voice command for the iPod/stereo is a joke... happy overall
Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Uconnect and iPod adapter on my 09 and had it on my 08 as well with the 6 CD REQ unit...

it was not a bad install at al.. just keep in mind that the interior panels and dash pieces are VERY soft plastic and mar or scratch easily...

I would invest in the few extra bucks and get the iPod adapter.. that way you can hide your iPod in the glove box and control it with the buttons on the jeep radio... although the Jeep adapter will NOT charge an iphone 3G....but the music will play from it still...

-Christopher
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a 82211004 Uconnect system for sale if you are interested.

$205 Shipped.

Check out the for sale - JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems section.

Quick Reply: UConnect