Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect activation help

Old 05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect activation help

Hi All,
I installed the Uconnect module and brought the Jeep into the dealership. An hour later the dealer told me they couldn't get it to work. The dealer activated the Uconnect on my VIN with Chrysler then ran the Starscan on the radio. Each time they attempted to update the radio they said it came back as Uconnect can not be found or something to that effect. I know it's installed correctly. Any thoughts?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar issue when I first tried to get my uConnect working. Turns out I forgot a sheet of instructions. When I returned for round 2 of the attempt the service manager showed me a TSB that stated the uConnect wouldn't work. I should him my extra sheet of instructions and he agreed that it wouldn't take long to try and it couldn't hurt.

The missing step from the first day was to go into the Starscan and set a HFM gateway. It was just an option if I remember correctly, "Set HFM gateway" after that everything work. Before that the radio kept reporting "Not Connected"
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Octo
I had a similar issue when I first tried to get my uConnect working. Turns out I forgot a sheet of instructions. When I returned for round 2 of the attempt the service manager showed me a TSB that stated the uConnect wouldn't work. I should him my extra sheet of instructions and he agreed that it wouldn't take long to try and it couldn't hurt.

The missing step from the first day was to go into the Starscan and set a HFM gateway. It was just an option if I remember correctly, "Set HFM gateway" after that everything work. Before that the radio kept reporting "Not Connected"
Oh Thank God, someone replied! I was getting worried I was completely on my own with this one. You are my new favorite person. You wouldn't happen to know anything about where those additional instructions (extra sheet) might be found so I could show the service tech would you?

Last edited by ibjeepr; 05-11-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

hxxp://www.moparsupercenter.com/bb/uploads/UConnect_Starscan_Instructions.pdf

I think these are the extra steps.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

hxxp://www.moparsupercenter.com/bb/uploads/UConnect_Starscan_Instructions.pdf

I think these are the extra steps.
Thanks again Octo, headed to the dealership with the instructions tonight.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did those instructions help or are you still without uConnect?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did those instructions help or are you still without uConnect?
The Uconnect is up and running. I brought the instructions into the dealer and they said the instructions were not exactly what they needed but they found what they were looking for.
Frankly I think the instructions did the trick but they didn't want to admit it. Thank you again for the help! Now if the dang thing would just recognize a name better when I say it...
Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to be doing this over the weekend. Did your dealership charge you anything to run this? Glad to hear you got it working.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhilthyJeep
Did your dealership charge you anything to run this?
A lot of people of reporting that they get charged a half hour or a full hour of labour and then there are others who manage to get it done without paying. YMMV

Cheers
Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default HELP!! - 12 Dealer starscans didn't work

Originally Posted by PhilthyJeep
I'm going to be doing this over the weekend. Did your dealership charge you anything to run this? Glad to hear you got it working.
I went from a RES to REN with uconnect module, iPOD harness and mic. Radio, HDD, CDs, DVDs, iPOD all work fine. The problem is the handsfree doesn't work (bluetooth and voice commands). Been to dealer 3 times and they can't get it to work. Starscanned 12 times. I brought them the extra Mopar starscan instructions too (thanks Octo!). They're stumped. Didn't charge me a dime thankfully.

It's bizarre since the iPOD works....that would imply that the uconnect module isn't faulty correct? Anyone experience anything similar? Any suggestions? Cheers.

Quick Reply: Uconnect activation help