Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Viper 5901 Alarm - Quality or POS?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 5901 Alarm - Quality or POS?

Just bought a 2011 wrangler unlimited and I am thinking about putting a Viper 5901 alarm/starter system in it. From searching the forums it looks like at least a few members have installed them and I'd like to hear if they're happy with them or not. My JK is automatic.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have one in my 2011.. works great ! plus has remote start.. i added the motion sensor so you can leave the top off and doors and not worry as much.. if you are going to install it yourself i would recommend using the chall interface.. makes it much much easier almost plug and play.. but yeah i would use the viper 5901 works great for me.. very happy with it.. let me know if you need some info on the install
Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put that one in my GF's rig and she's been happy with it.

I put the non-remote start one in mine (6 speed) and added tilt sensor, proximity sensor and battery backed up siren. The proximity sensor can be tricky to adjust just right, but overall, I'm happy with the system.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

I have always used Ungo in my jeeps. I don't know if Ungo is still in business anymore. They are great for jeeps.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have it in mine, and so far very happy with it. I used the idatalink al-ca bypass, which plugs in d2d on the brain, so I can arm/disarm the system from the factory remote if I choose to. The LCD remote is great, make sure that you set it to be locked, otherwise you may end up activating the system inadvertently with the keys in your pocket.

As far as add-ons, I have done an outboard shock sensor, glass break sensor, and will be adding the proximity sensor and tilt sensors when I get some time to do so. And I also added 2 530T window modules, which give me one touch up/down, ability to vent or roll down the windows with the remote, and the windows roll up when you arm the system.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

I installed my 5901 and as an installer I can tell you it is a sick alarm with rediculous range.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks for all the replies! I'm definitely convinced this is the system to get now. I was just planing to get bestbuy to do the install as I have no experience installing a system. Is it easy to install?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SolidGreen
Awesome thanks for all the replies! I'm definitely convinced this is the system to get now. I was just planing to get bestbuy to do the install as I have no experience installing a system. Is it easy to install?
yeah I would like to know how the install of these things are.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are fairly knowledgeable and can read a diagram well, they aren't bad. But if you have no prior experience, you can easily make your Jeep a fancy lawn ornament.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blancolex300
I have it in mine, and so far very happy with it. I used the idatalink al-ca bypass, which plugs in d2d on the brain, so I can arm/disarm the system from the factory remote if I choose to. The LCD remote is great, make sure that you set it to be locked, otherwise you may end up activating the system inadvertently with the keys in your pocket.

As far as add-ons, I have done an outboard shock sensor, glass break sensor, and will be adding the proximity sensor and tilt sensors when I get some time to do so. And I also added 2 530T window modules, which give me one touch up/down, ability to vent or roll down the windows with the remote, and the windows roll up when you arm the system.

What wires did you connect the 530t two for the front two windows? were they all located behind the window switches? Also installing 530t on 2008 jk but only 2 door. Also using chall it is software vr 2.05... do you know your software version on your chall?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Viper 5901 Alarm - Quality or POS?