Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Weak Headlights?

Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the HID conversion for the fogs as well, going with a 3000K light color (yellow) and agree wholeheartedly that the amount of light they produce is nothing less than phenomenal. I performed my conversion about 18 months ago and have had no problems whatsoever. When I turn on my low beams, I barely notice a change, the fogs are that bright. I get no oncoming traffic flashes. I also wired my fogs so they come on automatically whenever I hit my high beams. That way they stay on when I hit the highbeams.

I STRONGLY endorse going with true HIDs (if you can afford them) for the fogs. As for putting them in the headlights, the stock beam pattern is just terrible, and putting in HIDs is likely going to get traffic flashing you no matter how low you adjust the beams. I'm considering swapping in Delta Housings, THEN going with HIDs, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because the fogs are just that good!

If you're reading the other threads on headlights, then you know my stand on Silverstars, NOT worth the money in my OBJECTIVE opinion.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Quick Reply: Weak Headlights?