Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What to do with sub?

Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with sub?

So I plan on buying a JK this-coming spring but have a bit of a dilemma. I spent over $1500 on a JL Audio W7 sub and Alpine amp for my Chrysler Concorde and would hate to part with it. Most people I know who drive jeeps bust my balls for saying I want to put a system into a jeep. I plan on going offroading but nothing crazy so im not too worried about anything getting damaged. Good or bad idea?:confused:
Old 10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Heck, keep your sound system and sell the factory sub here or on eBay. There'll be plenty of guys who didn't get one with their JK and I'm sure they'd love to pick one up at a good price
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

You dont think I would look like a fool bumpin down the road in a jeep?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ThrottleJunkie
You dont think I would look like a fool bumpin down the road in a jeep?
Ummm, not me. Among other music generes, my wife and I love trace and in my opinion, the only way to appreciate it is with kickin base
Old 10-24-2006, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Gotcha. That's pretty cool. I mean, I listen to a lot of metal but also just about every other genre as well. But when I feel a little thug comin on, or techno/trance as you mentioned, it always helps to have a little bumps.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Ummm, not me. Among other music generes, my wife and I love trace and in my opinion, the only way to appreciate it is with kickin base
So that's what I heard on Crown Valley Pkwy the other day, I thought we were having an earthquake!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love TRANCE and TECHNO too , but let's not forget that not everyone wants to listen to what we want to listen to. Having the top and doors off, and blasting TRANCE or TECHNO for the world to hear while stuck in traffic can come across as down-right annoying.

I know I feel that way when I hear RAP blasting from a low-rider with every possible window down just to piss off the world or attract a mate?!

Moderation around others man, moderation. Darn, my age is showing again, isn't it?

TOM
Bryson City, NC
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

No, I totally agree with you. That's part of the reason I posed the question. With the top off and the doors off people will be able to hear you a half mile away. Maybe if I just keep the volume low...
Old 10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rubimon
So that's what I heard on Crown Valley Pkwy the other day, I thought we were having an earthquake!
Naw, as much as I wish I had a thumping sound system in any of my Jeeps, the only thing doing the thumping are the lugs on the pavement. Between them, the wind, custom exhaust, engine and tranny, I can't hear a thing
Old 10-25-2006, 06:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ThrottleJunkie
No, I totally agree with you. That's part of the reason I posed the question. With the top off and the doors off people will be able to hear you a half mile away. Maybe if I just keep the volume low...
That's the nice thing about a good sub. With one, you can listen to your tunes at a lower volume and it still sound good. Without one, all you get are tinny highs and mushy mids that sound aweful and/or are near impossible to hear with the top off.

Quick Reply: What to do with sub?