Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Where to get CHRYSLER OEM Multifunction Left Stalk Switch

Old 11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get CHRYSLER OEM Multifunction Left Stalk Switch

I noticed the other day that the middle dial on my left stalk (has a gauge picture next to it) doesn't seem to do anything when I adjust it to either extreme. I've learned researching a little that this is the dimmer control for the instrument cluster and that they tend to go bad? If it's not bad, is there a way to test it or clean/repair it to ensure it's not user error?

Everything is working the Jeep (headlights, fog lights, turn signals). The only thing I've noticed is that the instrument cluster lights remain off unless I turn the headlights on. I assume this means the dimmer control is not functioning. Calling the local dealer parts department they say the part I need is some number ending with 947AB and that they sell it for $90.20. I think I saw in the forum that someone suggested the replacement parts only cost ~$36-37. If I need to replace it I'd like to know where to get it from. I believe I need "CHRYSLER OEM-Multifunction Switch 68041485AD" for my 2008 JK Unlimited X 4DR

Thanks.

Last edited by 1zzy_MD; 11-05-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A quick eBay search turned up a bunch. You can also source on Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...d=271129364409

Quick Reply: Where to get CHRYSLER OEM Multifunction Left Stalk Switch