Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Windshield Lights?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Lights?

I am new to jeeps and was wondering what kind of windshield mounted lights i should get. i have decided between these kc lights https://www.quadratec.com/products/97025_0201.htm and Rigid Industries D2's https://www.quadratec.com/products/9...vteRoC7znw_wcB . Which would you recommend and do you think there will be a glare at all? OR are there any options that might be a little cheaper that are still bright as these guys but still has the LED driving pattern? Thanks

Last edited by johnny123; 05-31-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not sure about the glare, but KC lights have a 23 year warranty.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I have a set of Rigid D2's (driving pattern), and a set of Dually D2's (flood pattern). I've been happy with both sets of lights. At various times I've had both mounted on the a-pillar. Both patterns will give you some glare off the hood, but it's not the end of the world. A spot pattern right there would probably be better, with driving/flood patterns better on the bumper, but again, not THAT big of a deal.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor

Check out or Revolver and our CUBE A pillar lighting kits. They come with all the hardware you need, and install is super simple. They include a lifetime warranty, tech support, and have tons of reviews from forum users.

Use discount code "JK10" for 10% off as well.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggest thing is what do you want out of the lights. Is it looks, function or both? If your going for looks than I would move to 5 or 6" lights as 4" just get lost up there on the pillar IMO. If your going for function than the higher the lumens the better the visibility is going to be but for that location I would stick to a spot beam for distance and go with flood at grill level to keep glare off the hood.
I have a pair of the 4" Revolver spot lights and really like the quality though they are really on the low end of the lumens spectrum. I mounted the pair on a custom light bar I made which puts the lights mid point at the grill and as a single pair they don't provide enough output for what I want so I will be adding a pair of floods next to them as well as long range KC spots (279,585 candlela) to the pillar. The 4" KC you were looking at are only 27500 candela so the purpose you want the lights for is important.

Quick Reply: Windshield Lights?