Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which wire

Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone find any lights that match the connectors in the footwell? Just curious if going with a Chrysler part versus a cheap LED is the way to go.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brad2893
Anyone find any lights that match the connectors in the footwell? Just curious if going with a Chrysler part versus a cheap LED is the way to go.
The dealership has them if you prefer original parts.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid like $5 for the OEM light Mopar part no: 56042559AA ( i was ordering a bunch of stuff anyways) and wired a second into the passenger side. I had to solder the connections on the back of the light, couldnt easily find the connector. But now i have footwell lighting on both sides. I can check later tonight to see where i spliced into the driver side light if you still need me to, but that wont be for several hours. Someone else may get you that info way before hand.

Edit: Just looked, the OEM lamp is $12.50 now.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 08-06-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I paid like $5 for the OEM light Mopar part no: 56042559AA ( i was ordering a bunch of stuff anyways) and wired a second into the passenger side. I had to solder the connections on the back of the light, couldnt easily find the connector. But now i have footwell lighting on both sides. I can check later tonight to see where i spliced into the driver side light if you still need me to, but that wont be for several hours. Someone else may get you that info way before hand.

Edit: Just looked, the OEM lamp is $12.50 now.
Good stuff! Thanks!

As much as I hate the cost, I prefer to go with OEM bits. Gives me another excuse to slam the stealership.

Quick Reply: Which wire