Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Zip tie christmas tree clips?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zip tie christmas tree clips?

I’m in the middle of wiring up my CB and want to do the cleanest job I can since I don’t have carpet anymore. Does anyone know where I can pick up some of the special zip tie christmas tree clips that are used on the wire bundle to attach the wires running on the right side inside the tub? I talked to the dealer and they said they couldn’t get them as well as checking out auto part stores and all over the net. Maybe someone knows where I can get some or has better searching skills than I. I did find some christmas tree clips that have holes to run a zip tie through but I would prefer the ones that came with the Jeep. Thanks in advance. -KY
Old 03-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Rubicon
I’m in the middle of wiring up my CB and want to do the cleanest job I can since I don’t have carpet anymore. Does anyone know where I can pick up some of the special zip tie christmas tree clips that are used on the wire bundle to attach the wires running on the right side inside the tub? I talked to the dealer and they said they couldn’t get them as well as checking out auto part stores and all over the net. Maybe someone knows where I can get some or has better searching skills than I. I did find some christmas tree clips that have holes to run a zip tie through but I would prefer the ones that came with the Jeep. Thanks in advance. -KY

Did you try "push mount" in your search? that's what we call them at work as well as christmas tree. I just googled it and did get quite a few hits back, but without pulling up the carpet, i dont know if they would be exaactly what you are looking for..
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

I actually have the same question. These are the ones that hold all of the wiring in the back, under the carpet. I'm doing the Duplicolor bedliner, and one of the write-up suggests pulling the clips and re-using them, however when I end up breaking a few I'd like to be able to replace them.

I have searched on here, and on google but to find something similar is tough.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

You can get these at Home Depot

Gardner Bender Mounting Bases, 1 In. x 1 In., Natural, 100 / Bag
Model MB-20
$19.95/PK Package
Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Amazing, thank you very much. I checked on site that had every other fastener on a DC, but those one.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

No problem.
I bought a bag of these for the grill insert mod.

I found that soaking them in WD40 for a few hours, removing the double sided stick pad, and super glueing them made a more formidable and tight hold. Your application may not require as much tension though.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could also use what they call Ladder Ties/Clamps which are reusable.

Quick Reply: Zip tie christmas tree clips?