Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

A French JK

Old 12-27-2015, 11:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A French JK

Hi guys !

First of all, excuse me if I make some mistakes because English is not my mother tongue. Feel free to correct me, it'll be more than appreciated .

I'm a newbie in the 4X4 world. I just bought a Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara 2009. As gas is really expensive in France, I had to go with the 2.8 CRD. For the next one (Rubicon if possible) I'll go with a V8 or at least V6... But for now, I'm really happy with this one and I'll train with it until I change for something more "American" .

I'm from Nice, Côte d'Azur, more known as French Riviera. We have a beautiful seascapes and landscapes. However, not a lot of trail to enjoy the 4x4 adventure.

So, let's talk about my JK.

I bought a second hand Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara 2.8 CRD 2009. With it came a Hard Top, a Soft Top, and a trailer hitch.

I'm planning on adding some stuff on it like :
- Front bumper
- Winch
- Rear bumper
- All terrain trailer
- No doors mirrors

I'll get back to you for more information on the different trailer available and all the stuff I wanna add to it.

Last week, my girlfriend and I went on a little trip on the "Route du Sel" and I filmed and edited a little video to share with you guys. It's not a trail but a really old route which was perfect for my first off road drive. I couldn't resit a little hill but it was definitively not a pure 4x4 trip. The next one will be one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQeqo5tv_I Let me know if you are interested on some information about this road.

I'll add some pics later.

Cheers,
Yvan
Old 12-28-2015, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

First,I wish my French was as good as your English. Very well written. Some native English speakers could take lessons.
There are more than a few people that would covet a Diesel engine in their jeep. It has more torque, thus is better for more rock crawling and hill climbing. There are a couple of four wheeling events in France that could be at the least interesting. One is in the south, and the other is more in the north, but not II n the Nord. I think it is around Metz, or just west of Metz.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Az scooter
First,I wish my French was as good as your English. Very well written. Some native English speakers could take lessons.
There are more than a few people that would covet a Diesel engine in their jeep. It has more torque, thus is better for more rock crawling and hill climbing. There are a couple of four wheeling events in France that could be at the least interesting. One is in the south, and the other is more in the north, but not II n the Nord. I think it is around Metz, or just west of Metz.
Hey, thanks for your kind message I have to improve my English, and that's partly why I'm here. But I wish i could improve my pronunciation...

Regarding diesel vs gas, I like the torque on my diesel engine but man I miss the sound of a nice V8 !

For the four wheeling events, there is one in Auvergne but specific to Land Rover. I need to do some searches for that. But basically i'l try to find a few people to ride with and learn from. It would be a lot easier in the U.S.A...

Cheers,
Yvan
Old 12-28-2015, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

The video looks great, good job!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by durffjk
The video looks great, good job!
Thank you !
Old 12-28-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool video and thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum and let the mods begin!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also quite impressed with your english, again some Americans should take note.

Your video was awesome and looked like a great time. Great editing as well. Looking forward to see where your build goes.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
I was also quite impressed with your english, again some Americans should take note.

Your video was awesome and looked like a great time. Great editing as well. Looking forward to see where your build goes.
Wow, that's very nice. Thanks a lot ! When I'll have some mods to install or a new trail to explore, I'll make more videos

Originally Posted by iJeremy
Very cool video and thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum and let the mods begin!
Thank you And for the mods, I really want some. But here it's a lot more expensive than in the USA, so it will take a little more time I think. But I'll keep you posted !
Old 12-29-2015, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Beautiful ride

Beautiful road. Must have been a wonderful trip.

Thanks for posting.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 3_Percenter
Beautiful road. Must have been a wonderful trip.

Thanks for posting.

Thank you very much ! Yes it's really beautiful around here.

Quick Reply: A French JK