Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 05-29-2016, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Al, you like far from discretion, good seeing you this weekend. Morgan.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morghill
Al, you like far from discretion, good seeing you this weekend. Morgan.
Good to see you too Morgan. Too bad we didn't get to shoot together. It's cool to see you on here.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited by ReconJeep; 06-23-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think I will be trading or selling my 07 JKU for a rubicon this week. Then the build will start again... I like those panels you installed on your new ride.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morghill
Think I will be trading or selling my 07 JKU for a rubicon this week. Then the build will start again... I like those panels you installed on your new ride.
They're made locally so he can custom make stuff. I just designed some custom mag holder brackets for the doors.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-30-2016, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got some more goodies from Molle Platform Solutions. This is something I came up with and have been brainstorming with Alan of MPS. They're small Molle panels that bolt up to the door retention strap loop. The main reason for designing these was to have a place to keep spare mags, but you can pretty much use them for whatever your needs may be.

There's three different designs we are testing. The first option is whether you want to have three rows wide or four rows wide. The second option if the top row is standard sized or 1.5" wide. The reason for the 1.5" width is to simulate the size of most belts. I wanted this because I can clip onto it my EDC mag pouch which is also designed for a 1.5" belt. This way it's not loose and rattling. You can mount the mag pouch either inside the panel, so it more snug, or outside if the pouches is larger or a piggyback style. If you get the three row style you can run three pistol mags or a combo of one pistol mag and a rifle mag. If you get the 4 row you can run two rifle mags or two piggy back mags. With the three row you can still use the factory net pocket, which I find pretty much useless. I'll decide after some extensive testing.

This is the three row version with the standard size Molle.

This is the four row with the 1.5" width top row to match my belt.

This is the three row 1.5" width mounted on the drivers door.

Here you can see my EDC pistol pouch clipped to the inside of the panel and a piggyback rifle/pistol Taco mounted on the outside. The Tacos are awesome because they expand to just about any rifle or pistol mag. You can also put your phone in the rifle mag and a light or multi tool in the pistol pouch.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Added Warn diff protectors, both front and rear.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-01-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Build is looking good! Will keep an eye out for it around Raleigh
Old 06-02-2016, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Off Road Evolution oil pan and transmission skid plates. These things are very well designed and strong as hell. Now to figure out what I'll do to protect the exhaust. It makes sense to get the ORE one too but they say it doesn't work with long arm kits, which I plan to get. Anyone know if it's compatible with the Teraflex LCG long arm kit?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-02-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally installed the JWS LED taillights. Had them sitting around for some time but never got to them till now. The lights are great, but the plastic housing is so cheap.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-03-2016, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Was feeling patriotic so I had these subdued Flags made. Came out better than I had envisioned.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build