Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

The Rubicon/Little Sluice Challenge Ultimate Junk-Yard Build

Old 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo yo yo, updates por please!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cesar
Yo yo yo, updates por please!
Yeah, sorry about that...it has been a pretty boring phase...just gathering parts for the engine and trans install. I should have more exciting stuff to post soon.

In the meantime, here is a photo I found of Little Sluice circa 1926, when it was basically a gravel road. Shoot, I think I could drive my Ford Fiesta through this:

Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALIJK
I had to subscribe because there is an M715 in one of your photos
Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Stuka
I had to subscribe because there is an M715 in one of your photos
Yeah, seriously, I lust over that M715 every time I go to Jim's shop. It belongs to JP Magazine and he is doing a complete re-build on it. Check out the issue on the stands now ("April 2012") of JP Mag on pg. 72 for the most recent article on the build.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh Hell Yea!!

I just came across this thread and am stoked to see it come together! I love your approach for this build, very cool.

My wife and I are building our JK to run the Rubicon this summer. We don't have a clue when, we just know we're going! It all started in November right after we got our JK, I thought, lets go run the Rubicon, she said let's do it! I can't wait to get up there and see it for myself first hand, as long as I get my build done. Thankfully I'm ahead of the ball right now but I still have a lot of work to do! (and money to spend)

Good luck with your plans, I hope everything works out well. You're rocking it so far that's for sure! I've enjoyed watching you and your son's videos by the way!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by matzjeep
Whats up with the BBQ grill Dave? Was getting that axle on the jack stands that much work?

Hey quit hoggin' Jims time man, I need him to do sum weld'n for me.
Nothing better together than BBQ and axles! Actually, I'm just taking up space in the shop right now with all the parts we are assembling. We delayed the tear-down for a bit, so Jim is all yours.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lunneborgc
Oh Hell Yea!!

I just came across this thread and am stoked to see it come together! I love your approach for this build, very cool.

My wife and I are building our JK to run the Rubicon this summer. We don't have a clue when, we just know we're going! It all started in November right after we got our JK, I thought, lets go run the Rubicon, she said let's do it! I can't wait to get up there and see it for myself first hand, as long as I get my build done. Thankfully I'm ahead of the ball right now but I still have a lot of work to do! (and money to spend)

Good luck with your plans, I hope everything works out well. You're rocking it so far that's for sure! I've enjoyed watching you and your son's videos by the way!
Hey that's great - you'll love the Rubicon - maybe we will see you up there this summer. I appreciate the support. You aren't too far away, so hopefully we will meet you on a trail soon.

Originally Posted by dirtyharry
Subscribed
Great - thanks.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

subscribed!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 1BAMFR
subscribed!!!!!!!!
Great - welcome to the junkyard build team.

Quick Reply: The Rubicon/Little Sluice Challenge Ultimate Junk-Yard Build