Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Any advice for a first trail run?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lc619fr
In total agreence with everybody else, take it slow and steady and go with a fellow jeeper (or some other 4wd that can handle it...no not a KIA AWD crossover), but also you kinda have to change your state of mind. You just spent 30K+ on a vehicle that you might or might not scratch (or god forbid worse). The biggest advise I can tell ya is don't sweat the small stuff. We all like to have nice looking jeeps and take care of them, but it's going to get it's battle scars. The way I look at it, it's past trails that I now have a gentle reminder of. The first day I had my JK i took it on a small run on my property and when I got back I had a scratch from front fender to the tail light. Not sayin go out and destroy your new ride, just know that something could happen on the trail. Think of the small scratches as pin strips :P. Other then that good luck, and get some good pics, and welcome to the world of awesome jeeps and empty wallets.

Empty wallets eh? I'm already ahead of the game then!

Quick Reply: Any advice for a first trail run?