Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Best Hi Lift mount recommendations

Old 12-30-2022, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Hi Lift mount recommendations

Looking for recommendations on a quality hi-lift mount for a 2017 Wrangler JK Smoky Mountain 4-door. Preferably one that doesnt require drilling. What have you all been using?
Old 12-30-2022, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Generally a high lift is kinda silly additional weight to carry on a regular basis. They are rarely used IMO. Having said that, there are a couple times I have carried one for long trips where I need to be as self-sufficient as humanly possible due to terrain and geographic remoteness. I have used the mounts hood hinge bolts and hold the jack in front of the windshield. The only complaint I have about those is that position blocks my windshield sprayer nozzles and unless I'm going 70+mph on the interstate and have help from the wind, no fluid gets to the windshield to clean it.

Old 12-30-2022, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Generally a high lift is kinda silly additional weight to carry on a regular basis. They are rarely used IMO. Having said that, there are a couple times I have carried one for long trips where I need to be as self-sufficient as humanly possible due to terrain and geographic remoteness. I have used the mounts hood hinge bolts and hold the jack in front of the windshield. The only complaint I have about those is that position blocks my windshield sprayer nozzles and unless I'm going 70+mph on the interstate and have help from the wind, no fluid gets to the windshield to clean it.
Good point. I already have a hi lift from a previous vehicle. I need to take my jk to my off grid property frequently which has rough and rocky roads. I did read a previous post abot weling bolts to the tire rack which sounds like a pretty good option as long as the welds are good. Another poster mentioned ratchet strapping to the spare tire which might work as well. Thanks for your input!
The following users liked this post:
Hobbs47 (10-29-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You can buy brackets that attach to the top of the roll bar in back, that keeps it high and out of the way, yet accessible, but more importantly, it's inside and out of the elements. I made one out of exhaust pipe hangers (U-shaped) and some metal strap material that I had, and mount mine about half-way up the roll bar, so that it just clears the tote boxes. I also mount my shovel to the hi-lift with fist clamps. Both then become readily accessible
The following 2 users liked this post by Grand Umpah:
Dat (01-19-2023), Hobbs47 (10-29-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 10:02 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I like that idea of mounting inside, haven’t seen those mounts, my hi lift is probably 35 years old, don’t carry it much because of mounting, it stayed in my tool box with my trucks, the springs and pins don’t like the elements from being outside
Old 05-26-2023, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's a link to mounting brackets that mount to the roll bar:
https://www.amazon.com/Dominion-OffR.../dp/B00DPN5TYG
Old 07-29-2023, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Look into getting a spacers to lift the jack like 3/8ths of an inch on the studs. I had this issue as well but i found that if i lifted the jack slightly and flipped it so the handle side was facing the front of the jeep it minimized blocking the spray nozzles.
The following users liked this post:
Hobbs47 (10-29-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i just put it under the back seat
Old 10-29-2023, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grand Umpah
Here's a link to mounting brackets that mount to the roll bar:
https://www.amazon.com/Dominion-OffR.../dp/B00DPN5TYG
I like the looks/idea of this. Does it work with a Spider Shade do you know?

Quick Reply: Best Hi Lift mount recommendations