Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Best way to disconnect the front sway bar...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
I had a problem with it in the beginning but it works fine now!
was the problem something easily fixed?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by james90755
Since you're airing up and down anyways.... you have a few spare minutes anyways... might as well do something productive. Plus, its one more fancy thing that can break. Simple and reliable is better IMHO.
I assume that everyone is real friendly on these trail ride events? I will probably need some guidance on the proper pressure for stock tires and rims for the trail, and hopefully the use of someones air to get the pressure back up for the trip back to the hotel. Man I can't wait. First Jeep event I have ever been to.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
JK Junkie

I popped my tire even with a good disconect......

Just read.... fourth paragraph,
http://project-jk.com/trail-events/p...peak-trail-run
Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HawesEA2
I assume that everyone is real friendly on these trail ride events? I will probably need some guidance on the proper pressure for stock tires and rims for the trail, and hopefully the use of someones air to get the pressure back up for the trip back to the hotel. Man I can't wait. First Jeep event I have ever been to.
find me, I'll help you out. I'm bring tools, so we can disconnect your stock sways if you dont have disconnects..
Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done extensive testing on this and I found 15-16lbs to be about right. I had thought 12lbs... which I ran for a while... but on rockier trails I started to develop wear on the sidewall. 12lb is much better on sand (Pismo Dunes), 15-16lbs on dirt.

I think even up to around 20lbs would be good.... plus that would lessen the chance of breaking a bead.

Try to be careful of the sidewalls on rocks when they aired down. Road tire sidewalls are much easier to damage.

Always pplenty of air to go around.... I have seen 3 compressors hooked up to one JK before.... everyone is happy to help. Heck, I have even had help (and I have air) so that we can move on quicker.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very Cool!! I haven't seen this kind of comraderie since I was on active duty. I really can't wait to finally get to this place and meet everyone. Finally got my cb installed so I should be able to keep in touch with everyone on the trails. 7 more days and a wake-up
Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
find me, I'll help you out. I'm bring tools, so we can disconnect your stock sways if you dont have disconnects..
Thanks PIJ, I'll be looking for ya, you're staying at the comfort inn right?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*L* it should be fun.

My CB is in as well, but it's been so long since i used one, i'll probably accidentaly order 3 pizzas and a hooker before i realize what i did wrong
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
I popped my tire even with a good disconect......

Just read.... fourth paragraph,
http://project-jk.com/trail-events/p...peak-trail-run
SGT Evil I read the story and saw that you found out a bolt managed to penetrate through the tire. So even if I get a good SB disconnect kit, there is still a chance of this happeneing. What bolt is the one that managed to do the damage? Is it possible to do anything to the bolt (maybe completely remove it) to keep it from happening?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

was the problem something easily fixed?
Yup! I had it back in the same day and it hasn't acted up since. It was a warrantied item so it was free.

Quick Reply: Best way to disconnect the front sway bar...