Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

General Info

Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool.........
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Make sure if you hook up with a jeep club they are new guy/stock jeep friendly. My first run with a jeep club (15 years ago) with my 93 Cherokee xj got me in a little trouble. I did have a winch 3" lift and 31" mt's (told all of this to club pres before showing up) meet up with the club for some mud trails and quickly found out the smallest jeep was a yj on 35's. About 1 Mile into the trail I watched that yj go tail lights deep into a water hole in front of me and his tail light where about even with my side view mirrors. To make a long story short I made it through that day but I did fill my Cherokee with water and quickly found no one care for your jeep like you do!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

I was lucky when I first started wheelin (stock jeep) I had a good buddy with the sickest jeep around and lots of experience teach me more than I could ever need to know about off road. One thing he taught me that will stay with me forever is that you have nothing to prove to anybody. We all like a little adrenaline and pucker factor but you have to know what your jeep is capable of doing compared to some of the others you'll see on the trail. Although my jeep is now as capable as his was (lift, discos on 35's etc.) I still will never jeapordize my family's or my safety in the name of showing off.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by treid
I was lucky when I first started wheelin (stock jeep) I had a good buddy with the sickest jeep around and lots of experience teach me more than I could ever need to know about off road. One thing he taught me that will stay with me forever is that you have nothing to prove to anybody. We all like a little adrenaline and pucker factor but you have to know what your jeep is capable of doing compared to some of the others you'll see on the trail. Although my jeep is now as capable as his was (lift, discos on 35's etc.) I still will never jeapordize my family's or my safety in the name of showing off.
Smart man.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by treid
Unless you have your seat belts and a awesome roll cage!!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by k0260
Not every where, just keep in mind it'll give you a bigger traction patch. For snow, mud, soft terrain, rocks, basically anywhere you're needing to gain a bit more grab. It's especially handy if you get stuck in snow or mud
Also makes for a nicer ride, especially on washboard roads. Much less tooth jarring.

Quick Reply: General Info