Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Getting started

Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red
And, like I tell everyone that is starting, don't run out an buy a bunch of stuff. Start out basic, i.e. a tow strap. The guys you wheel with know you are new (oh yeah, don't wheel alone), and will help you out with the things you need and don't have, also remember this 20 years from now looking at the underequiped new guy who is stuck. As you get some seat time, you will discover what you need and what you can do without. Let experience guide you in your purchases.
Red - this is very good advice. When I first started reading this forum my first urge was to just go out and buy everything I read about. I have made that kind of mistake before - got gear that I never used. Trying not to do that this time around and as you said "letting experience guide me".

I have been meeting a lot of knowledgeable & helpful people - will hopefully be one in 20 years
Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! Great research and welcome to the forum!!!

Quick Reply: Getting started