Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

How do I make my JK do this?! Help?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

WOW! I feel dumb! its that easy? ha! I'll look into them. Probably gonna add a 3in lift as well. Gonna plan a trip to badlands soon so I wanna be prepared.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryJeff
Your next mod should be a set of quick disconnects...
This is a good suggestion. But, you don't need QDs in order to disconnect the front sway bar. Just take along the necessary wrenches and manually do it and tie the sway bar up out of the way--some folks use bungie cords, others zip-ties. When you by QDs, consider the Terflex storage pins for the disconnected sway bar. They sell them separately from the QDs, if you decide on another brand of QD that doesn't come with provision for stowing the disconnected sway bar (and most don't--they expect you to tie it out of the way). Once you add a coil lift and other mod's, you'll have even more flex. But, even stock these are quite capable rigs. Mine ...

Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Disco's frist up-grade for sure. Makes everything better off-road.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wharthog69
Your JK will do just about anything you want just as long as you don't call it a car. That'll turn it into a KK (Kitten Kller)
I haven't heard that one!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick disconnects- 150$
2 wrenches- 30$
Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is mine when it was bone stock and still on the little 225 street tires and steelies.

You'd be amazed at what these things can accomplish in stock form. Add good tires and a small lift and it will impress you even more.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna do a lift once I pay off the credit card from wheels tires and bumper. Probably 2.5 or 3 inch.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Well butter my back side and call me a biscuit!
So its that easy huh?..All I would have to do is undo the bottom bolt then just rotate it upwards and tie it to something? Is there a writeup on how to do that? But I was checking mine just right now and noticed on the passenger side its missing a bolt and the nut is kinda crooked Should I just get a bolt for now or would it be a good excuse to convince the wife for me to buy some TF diskos? I do plan on getting a 3" lift later....or should I just wait till I get a lift?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110323_091435.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	141051  
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mOjO_JK
Well butter my back side and call me a biscuit!
So its that easy huh?..All I would have to do is undo the bottom bolt then just rotate it upwards and tie it to something? Is there a writeup on how to do that? But I was checking mine just right now and noticed on the passenger side its missing a bolt and the nut is kinda crooked Should I just get a bolt for now or would it be a good excuse to convince the wife for me to buy some TF diskos? I do plan on getting a 3" lift later....or should I just wait till I get a lift?
Pics and everything! I don't see how your wife could say no to that safety concern! Looks like you can't just thread on another bolt anyway with the stud bent and the threads are probably messed up.

I'd bet it's cheaper to purchase a pair of JKS disconnects that go to the stealership to buy just one replacement OEM end link...that's my

Last edited by BigRich; 03-23-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07 JK "bullfrog"
Of course if ya wanted to go bigger, get a 4" teraflex and slam some 37's under the fenders like I did with my 07 2dr. With the help of quick disconnects, you could really get the flex here is some of my pics. ( sorry haven't found a big enough rock to get a good flex photo:crazyeyes )
What's the difference between long arm and regular suspension?

Nice lookin rig!!

Quick Reply: How do I make my JK do this?! Help?