Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

How do I make my JK do this?! Help?

Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click on the Project Jk on the bar uptop, and scroll down there is some really useful onfo there
Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
And park one tire on a rock.
Nice one man, Ha!

Originally Posted by mOjO_JK
Well butter my back side and call me a biscuit!
So its that easy huh?..All I would have to do is undo the bottom bolt then just rotate it upwards and tie it to something? Is there a writeup on how to do that? But I was checking mine just right now and noticed on the passenger side its missing a bolt and the nut is kinda crooked Should I just get a bolt for now or would it be a good excuse to convince the wife for me to buy some TF diskos? I do plan on getting a 3" lift later....or should I just wait till I get a lift?
Man, that's scary! Imagine that sucker popping off when you're driving on a highway offramp! If you get in touch with some other local JK guys, you can probably find someone who will GIVE you their front OEM Sway links... or super cheap at least.

Last edited by drcre8tive; 03-29-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chopper3330
you guys seem patient I am also new. Can someone explain lockers
Here you go dude:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tech/j...er-axle-basics

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ntial-question

SELECTABLE LOCKER - "Traction control device that allows the driver to lock and unlock the differential at will from the driver’s seat."

Basically it "locks" the two front or two rear wheels (or both) to drive together in-synch,.. so if one wheel can't get traction, the other can sort-of compensate, giving you better traction, torque, power to the ground... or whatever.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The regular JK with its traction system performs so well there is almost no need for lockers. If you just don't want a tire to spin then get the rubicon and you will have the most capable out of the box jeep ever built.
I took my sport on a jeep jamboree event and was in the locker group and they all kept asking me what kind of locker I had since my little jk kept following all those fancy locked up jeeps and I just kept telling that I don't have any lockers. You just disconnect the swaybar so the suspension can do its job and then let the traction system do its job and just have fun.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101
Disconnect front swaybar and put your transfer case in 4Lo. Slowly drive on obstacle.

Done... Good luck.

BTW, don't drive on 4 Hi or Lo on pavement.
Make sure it's not a rotting tree stump - plastic bumpers hate those...new bumper goes on tomorrow if i get home from work before dark
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wharthog69
Your JK will do just about anything you want just as long as you don't call it a car. That'll turn it into a KK (Kitten Kller)
Using the word car does not kill kittens, calling a jeep a car kills kittens - the reference was a general reference to four wheeled vehicle and as such context was appropriate
Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Longlegs
BTW the JKS quicker discos come with perches to pin the sway bar up out of the way.
No they don't.....I think the TJs version do...not the JK. Wish they did though....I found a thread on another forum where a guy used a wooden dowell in the hole of the body frame near where you would want to tie the sway bar. He added a clamp and taa-daa, it stays. Until I find it again, I'll continue to use tie wraps....just keep the bar parallell to the ground.

Quick Reply: How do I make my JK do this?! Help?