Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Jeep recovery team

Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red08rubicon_tx
I'm in for the more large scale further away locations, but as for my local area I will probably already be tied up at the fire dept and if anyone local is interested I am not an instructor yet but know several guys at our dept that would probably be willing to do some training, both ems side(cpr/first aide) and rescue etc..
finally i found another forum member in denison. I'm interested.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

I would be in. The wife might be interested as well.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone near saint louis can e-mail me and I will start getting numbers together and schedule our first meeting, plan a emergency meeting place if phone lines are down and all that stuff.

I think it should be seperate from all the rest of the organizations as well.

pcgamer119@charter.net

Red
Old 06-21-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

The CERT program is definately the way to go. Organization is key when everything is in chaos. I would sign up if I was not already involved in law enforcement. I figure my Jeep will get me to work and back again.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still haven't been able to get a hold of anyone at the local CERT office. I'll try again today. I might join the national guard, been thinking about going back in.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

For all you Texas Guys...my GF runs a nursing home in Portland Tx. She had to evac a few years back when Rita and here sister were threating us. I knew they used a lot of volunteer help. I'm interested in helping others as well. If the need arises how would someone like my GF get ahold of the "Texas Hurricane Wranglers?"
Old 06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by BCarr
For us SoCal folks, I can talk to my sister about training. She works at Long Beach Memorial and trains paramedics, as well as the folks who answer the radios for the paramedics. She's hooked into all the disaster training, etc.
Very nice! Let's get it rolling... Will she teach us mouth to mouth J/k
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rcwade
For all you Texas Guys........"Texas Hurricane Wranglers?"
Now THAT would make a nice T-shirt.....a great pic of a hurricane with a big eye-wall and a 2 door & 4 door JK's punching thru the eye of the storm....or maybe not, sometimes I get carried away.......it would be nice to have something like this from Brownsville to Port Arthur.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

BCarr we have a CERT chapter right here in San Juan Capistrano. Unfortunately it's just for SJC residents and businesses, but there are chapters throughout SoCal. I tried to get involved a couple of years ago, but it required weekly training sessions for 6.5 weeks and my travel schedule back then prevented that type of commitment. But now that you guys brought it up I'm going to have to get in touch with them again.

Here's a link to a copy of the training schedule and here's a link to all of the chapters in SoCal. Maybe one of the chapters might be willing to put together a special class for our local jeep owners and work with us to organize it?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Jeep Posse

What you're talking about sounds a lot like a Sheriff's volunteer Jeep Posse like they have in Maricopa Arizona. Basically a non-sworn auxilliary type position. They do lots of searches for lost hikers, kids, and wheelers. They also help with evidence searches, traffic control, or anything else that they might be called to do. Something like this could become very big if someone had the organizational skills to tackle it.

Last edited by JKGuy; 09-23-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep recovery team