Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

JK Upgrades

Old 10-23-2015, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a 2.5 TF BB with 35's. Absolutely no rubbing at full range an absolutely love the look. My JK is my daily driver and weekend warrior.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

I'm doing a Teraflex leveling kit with 33's right now, I think it'll do what I'm wanting right now. Down the road, I may want more lift though, I'm in a hard place too.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torched03Mach
I'm doing a Teraflex leveling kit with 33's right now, I think it'll do what I'm wanting right now. Down the road, I may want more lift though, I'm in a hard place too.
That's the same setup I'm considering. Post some pics when you finish the job. Good luck!

Cheers!
DJ
Old 11-11-2015, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default AEV 2.5" Lift

I'm running a 2.5" AEV lift with 315/70/17 KO2's. Went that route partly because I added a couple hundred pounds up front and another 100 in the back with OR-Fab bumpers. I personally think that I get a much better ride on the road and clearly off-road it's much more capable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	629952  
Old 11-12-2015, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WaitForIt
I'm running a 2.5" AEV lift with 315/70/17 KO2's. Went that route partly because I added a couple hundred pounds up front and another 100 in the back with OR-Fab bumpers. I personally think that I get a much better ride on the road and clearly off-road it's much more capable.
Am looking at bumpers. Like the way your front looks. I have the AEV 2.5 as well, did you loose any height (from lift) when you added the bumpers?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bumpers

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Am looking at bumpers. Like the way your front looks. I have the AEV 2.5 as well, did you loose any height (from lift) when you added the bumpers?
I spent a lot of time researching bumpers! I knew what I wanted in terms of style so it was a matter of just finding the look that I wanted and the fit. The OR-Fab front bumper is a bit over 100 pounds (I think that the total weight for shipping was 125 pounds. Add the Warn-8000S and it's up to about 200 pounds. Going wth the synthetic saved me about 35 pounds. No measureable sag with the AEV 2.5" lift. The bumper itself is amazing! The only other one that I considered was the JCR Offroad bumper. I really liked that one as well. It was a bit more expensive and I believe a little lighter but I didn't really want to wait to get it. I much prefer the steel bumper for a number of reasons (rust and less damage to my Jeep if someone were to hit me being two of the main reasons).

The OR-Fab rear bumper is awesome as well. It has built in LED reverse lights in the bumper. They are tied to the regular reverse lights so I have both when reversing. I'll add a picture. Lots of great choices out there, these were just my preferences.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151023_170252.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	629985   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151023_170356.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	629986  
Old 11-12-2015, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I have a 2" Rancho sport lift, but note I swapped the rear spacer with a 2" JKS JSPEC coil spring. I run 33's with this lift on stock wheels. The tire I run is narrower than a typical 33 at only 11" wide. Ride is great, performance offroad is great.

http://s749.photobucket.com/user/tarpon4me/media/011_zpsfoh53up4.mp4.html?o=24
That's a nice looking Sahara right there. I like the 33s on stock wheels. What tires did you get?
Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WaitForIt
I spent a lot of time researching bumpers! I knew what I wanted in terms of style so it was a matter of just finding the look that I wanted and the fit. The OR-Fab front bumper is a bit over 100 pounds (I think that the total weight for shipping was 125 pounds. Add the Warn-8000S and it's up to about 200 pounds. Going wth the synthetic saved me about 35 pounds. No measureable sag with the AEV 2.5" lift. The bumper itself is amazing! The only other one that I considered was the JCR Offroad bumper. I really liked that one as well. It was a bit more expensive and I believe a little lighter but I didn't really want to wait to get it. I much prefer the steel bumper for a number of reasons (rust and less damage to my Jeep if someone were to hit me being two of the main reasons). The OR-Fab rear bumper is awesome as well. It has built in LED reverse lights in the bumper. They are tied to the regular reverse lights so I have both when reversing. I'll add a picture. Lots of great choices out there, these were just my preferences.
Looks good! Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: JK Upgrades