Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

my jeep is wobbling! help!

Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my jeep is wobbling! help!

So i went mudding thursday and had a blast. I went straight home and started cleaning everything but called it quits around 12:20 am and finished cleaning most of it the next day. So today is the big Jeep and Truck fest in dallas and I got off work to go but while i was driving down the highway about 65mph my jeep started to wobble pretty bad. Afraid of making the problem worse I turned around and went home (Gonna go to the jeep fest tomorrow anyway). It drives fine at lower speeds but wobbles above 65. There is mud still caked on the insides of my rims which could be throwing it off but do I still need to take it to the shop?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 AM
pup
JK Enthusiast

Clean the mud out from the rims ASAP. It only takes a few ounces of unbalanced weight to wreak havoc.

That should fix everything.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Aside from making sure you got all the mud out of your wheels, check to make sure your weights are there...you could have broken one off mudding.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah it was the mud, cleaned 'em out and everythings fine now, checked the weights and theyre all there. Thanks guys
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rotors

Also clean any mud from the cooling holes on the front rotors, this will cause your JK to act like you have lost a wheel weight
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

We are here if you need help or anything you need. Sounds like you are going the right path, but if you need anything just call.

Gerry
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
We are here if you need help or anything you need. Sounds like you are going the right path, but if you need anything just call.

Gerry
when are you guys going to move to Long Island, NY? we need a shop like you here.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

It would be hard to leave Texas for some of us because we are smack dab in the middle of the fun. Always keeping the options open though

Gery

Quick Reply: my jeep is wobbling! help!