Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Off-Road Guidelines

Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regrettably, the insurance companies are hands-off as this incident happened off-road but if there is any good news, his car took a pounding and based on my assessment, is $1,000 plus in damage where mine is a replacement fender for less than $300.

Although I felt like pounding him into the dirt, I did not want to risk engaging a guy who could be packing a concealed weapon (legal in AZ.)

I am certainly not turn off of going off-road and we will be going again next weekend to find a camping spot in the woods or around Sedona, AZ.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srt8ftw
you should have kicked the living shit out of him and then tell him "this is off-road and there are no restrictions"
This^ definetly
Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by srt8ftw
you should have kicked the living shit out of him and then tell him "this is off-road and there are no restrictions"
Lmfao!!!!!

This is an interesting story...I'm a 23 yr old girl so things are a bit diff in the wheelin world for me hhaha...

Some asshole in a raptor was up my ass (wasnt wheeling WITH him) down a steep sand hill once. I was crawling...he was doing his newbie thing and braking down the entire hill. Naturally ...sand+hill+breaks...his front end met my spare tire...

I continued down the hill then waited for him at the bottom. He pulled up beside me, pissed as hell that I was "taking too long" like we were at a freaking quarter mile or something. Then he saw my face and his jaw dropped..."sorry...r u okay?" I replied with a smart one that probably isn't appropriate for this site...let's just say he didn't really know what to say.

Assholes are assholes - on and off road. Most of them are just too careless to admit they f'd up. If I was you I probably would have reported it if there was damage. I mean even when I dirtbike I slow down, pull to the side and cautiously pass by another dirtbike. Some people are just idiots
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are actually in a better position as a female. What is a guy gonna do if you actually started beating the hell out of his rig with a tire wrench or something??
Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by archijeff
You are actually in a better position as a female. What is a guy gonna do if you actually started beating the hell out of his rig with a tire wrench or something??
Oh I know I am lol. In many ways I am. In one way I'm not : a small minority of men still assume I don't know much about my jeep because I'm a female.

But you are right, in many aspects like this I am in luck
Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Just thought I would share some news I got from my insurance company today regarding my incident 10 days ago. My company (big name insurance) fought with the other guys insurance (small, single office company) and the basic gist is that his car/mini-van had no business off-roading and was not properly equipped thus unsafe to themselves and others. As a result of our Jeep being trail-rated and fully equipped in those conditions and can manage the trails and conditions safely that they agreed to pay up to $300 in repairs to the fender flare.

Took it to the body shop and they took the flare off to repair, re-paint, and re-install Friday morning for less than $300.

I hope that this guy learned his lesson, know the capabilities of your vehicle and yourself.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Lmfao!!!!!

This is an interesting story...I'm a 23 yr old girl so things are a bit diff in the wheelin world for me hhaha...

Some asshole in a raptor was up my ass (wasnt wheeling WITH him) down a steep sand hill once. I was crawling...he was doing his newbie thing and braking down the entire hill. Naturally ...sand+hill+breaks...his front end met my spare tire...

I continued down the hill then waited for him at the bottom. He pulled up beside me, pissed as hell that I was "taking too long" like we were at a freaking quarter mile or something. Then he saw my face and his jaw dropped..."sorry...r u okay?" I replied with a smart one that probably isn't appropriate for this site...let's just say he didn't really know what to say.

Assholes are assholes - on and off road. Most of them are just too careless to admit they f'd up. If I was you I probably would have reported it if there was damage. I mean even when I dirtbike I slow down, pull to the side and cautiously pass by another dirtbike. Some people are just idiots
Such a great perceptions from a young woman. Good on ya!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kbkjeeper
Regrettably, the insurance companies are hands-off as this incident happened off-road but if there is any good news, his car took a pounding and based on my assessment, is $1,000 plus in damage where mine is a replacement fender for less than $300.

Although I felt like pounding him into the dirt, I did not want to risk engaging a guy who could be packing a concealed weapon (legal in AZ.)

I am certainly not turn off of going off-road and we will be going again next weekend to find a camping spot in the woods or around Sedona, AZ.
I went to Sedona last August, absolutely beautiful. Def check out devils bridge, I did some off roading there. Best vacation in the lower 48 I've had.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by archijeff
Well, if they're less than honorable, pull out a gun and blow her brains out without a thought or beat the crap out of her and do worse....This idea that women are somehow off limits is cute. People are evil, they don't care. Now if some crazy lady comes towards me with a wrench or whatnot, even if its to beat the crap out of my vehicle, I can and would pull my gun if I felt I was in danger of being harmed. Then again, I don't exit my vehicle when tense situations arise, you stop, wait for the other party to exit and walk towards your vehicle, then drive away and leave them standing there.

As for idiots off-road, they're idiots on, so it wouldn't surprise me. Never been off-roading with other people, bu I would afford the same courtesy that I do when on pavement.

Quick Reply: Off-Road Guidelines