Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Off-Road Guidelines

Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Off-Road Guidelines

Just out of curiousity, is there a thread about general courtesy while off-roading? I only ask as I took our brand spanking new Sahara on the trails last Saturday and felt that I could not have been more courteous if I tried. Except for the below incident, the other off-roaders could not have been more fun to be out there with

We entered the trail and saw a FWD/2WD GMC Envoy in front of us in loose sand and traveling at high speed, I pulled to the right as he made no attempt to slow or give way and wouldn't you know it, his back end slid and swiped the rear fender.

His response was, "this is off-road and there are no restrictions" and I quickly replied, that it doesn't mean drive like a moron when passing another vehicle.

With that, what are some of the courtesies (sp??) that you practice while wheelin?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hit other vehicles.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Everytime I've come across someone else on the trail, either them or me would pull over and let the other pass and give a wave.... Sounds like the guy u ran into was just an idiot
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Everytime I've come across someone else on the trail, either them or me would pull over and let the other pass and give a wave.... Sounds like the guy u ran into was just an idiot
I'll go with that he's an idiot, he even acted like I didn't belong on the trails with my JKU.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like he needs a call from your insurance company. I don't care what you're doing or where you're doing it, if you damage someones property you're responsible for repairing it.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scott in LA
Sounds like he needs a call from your insurance company. I don't care what you're doing or where you're doing it, if you damage someones property you're responsible for repairing it.
He's absolutely responsible. He can say whatever he pleases (idiots often will) but that doesn't release his liability. Hell, should have called the cops. Almost a reckless driving situation there.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should have asked
Him what time he's supposed to have his grandmas envoy so you can call her.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll go with replacing "idiot" with "asshole".
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Right-of-Way. Yield the right-of-way to hikers, horses, bicyclists, and vehicles going up hill

2. Leave no trace. Pack it in, pack it out. If you see trash on the trail, pick it up.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

you are much too nice. He is responsible for your damages. There is no "its off road, too bad" rule. If it were me, a good arse whoopin' woulda been in order then leave him for the coyotes to find.

Quick Reply: Off-Road Guidelines