Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Off road lighting

Old 07-29-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want led's for your winshield brackets check these out http://www.rigidindustries.com/d-ser...ghts-s/224.htm They also make led bars
Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JK'ingArnd
If you want led's for your winshield brackets check these out Surface Mount They also make led bars
Agreed! I have these on my windshield mounts as well. I opted for the flood pattern so I can keep them slightly cocked to the side of the Jeep. Those paired with the 12" bar-flood/spot combo makes for one helluva blinding light putting along the dusty trail!!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want led's for your winshield brackets check these out Surface Mount They also make led bars
x2 Rigid Industries makes a fantastic product that out performs everyone.

Give us a shout for the discounted forum pricing we have to offer.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

My jk has a 20" coming that I'm mounting on the hood, I'll post up some pics this week.

Last edited by amick218; 08-04-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

I got them mainly for the looks and they do great for what i use them for. I led bar would definetly throw more light plus they dont drain your battery as much (especialy good if your running a winch from the same battery). If you are running more than 2 of the hellas with a winch i would suggest getting a yellow top or run two batteries.
Yeah that's why I wanted them to. For the look. My JK is black, and I wanted to keep the lights black to. Still want function though so I guess I'll just have to run LEDs. Plan on to on my bumper and 1 in each A post.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by VicRush10
I want to buy some auxiliary lighting to mount on my new winch bumper on the jeep. Should I go LED light bar? If so, is 12" enough and would it look good? Or should I do KCs or Hellas?
LOL, you asked so I'll answer: I think LED lights look out of place on a Jeep. But, that's just me. I have plenty of folks with whom I wheel who love their LED lights. That still doesn't change my opinion. LED lights look about as sensible as the square headlights on the YJs. And we all know what happened to that bright idea from Jeep. But, at the end of the day only YOU can answer whether you like them or not.

P.S.: I also have a very low opinion of the stock headlights on the Jeeps. Note that I run the IPFs. Not only do they outperform the stockers, but they just look like what belongs on a Jeep. Stockers and TruckLites look just plain silly.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

I know led isn't the best lighting option, but I love them because of that modern, futuristic look they give.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

9600 lumens

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130804_131747.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	485113

Last edited by amick218; 08-04-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
LOL, you asked so I'll answer: I think LED lights look out of place on a Jeep. But, that's just me. I have plenty of folks with whom I wheel who love their LED lights. That still doesn't change my opinion. LED lights look about as sensible as the square headlights on the YJs. And we all know what happened to that bright idea from Jeep. But, at the end of the day only YOU can answer whether you like them or not.

P.S.: I also have a very low opinion of the stock headlights on the Jeeps. Note that I run the IPFs. Not only do they outperform the stockers, but they just look like what belongs on a Jeep. Stockers and TruckLites look just plain silly.
Lol man do you even use your jeep at all? Haha just joking. These are some awesome pics. Good to get a true expert's opinion. I agree that the stockers are crap, but our opinions regarding LED lights don't line up. Like you said, though, the JK owner's opinion is what matters.

What trail(s) were these pictures taken on? Looks like a load of fun and I'd love to check it out if I ever get the chance.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Also, this would be a good set of pics to post in the "Expedition modded jeeps" thread if you haven't already. I keep coming back to these pictures and I am amazed and envious every time I see them! Haha

Quick Reply: Off road lighting