Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Proper Trail Spotting Techniques! !

Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing that took me a little bit to learn is...always trust the spotter, obstacles look bigger and closer than htey really are, remeber your spotter has a huge advantage of sight over you. Thus is why we call them spotters It took me 2 good trips and a lot of getting out and looking foolish before I realized to trust the spotter.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The best drivers are those without egos or who think they know it all. I swear I was the best driver on my first major trip out because all I did was EXACTLY what my spotter said to do!

What's funny about this thread is on our last trip, a good friend and I were saying we will no longer listen to anyone but each other. We've wheeled the same rigs (KJs then JK's) at the same times for about 6 years, maybe 1 or 2x per year. We have the same amount of common sense and care for our vehicles. We've found that whenever we listen to someone who supposedly knows more, they, well, often don't.

So we just made a pledge to only listen to each other from now on.

But yes, ONLY ONE SPOTTER AT A TIME! Too many chefs spoils the jeeping weekend!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent pearls of wisdom. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Proper Trail Spotting Techniques! !