Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Running rausch creek stock

Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Running rausch creek stock

Sorry if this has been beat to death, but I'm interested in trying out rausch creek. I have a 2012 sport stock with the sra's. Thing is, i REALLY don't want to break, scratch or dent anything (yes i sound like a puss but it's my first brand new vehicle so I'm babying it a little for now).

Would the greens be fairly easy considering I have a fair amount of trail experience or are there still spots where I'd risk some damage?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The greens are pretty much logging roads (or similar to fire roads). Some small rocks, little ruts here and there....nothing major. Even the blues aren't that bad. Regardless, there are usually bypasses on every "hard" obstacle, so if you are that worried, you can take the bypasses.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did it last summer at the Topless for TaTas in my stock sport with the 16's. Greens are fine. Some of the blues were ok, some beat me up pretty good. I'm a noob driver though, someone with more experience would have done better on the blues.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jk202
Sorry if this has been beat to death, but I'm interested in trying out rausch creek. I have a 2012 sport stock with the sra's. Thing is, i REALLY don't want to break, scratch or dent anything (yes i sound like a puss but it's my first brand new vehicle so I'm babying it a little for now).

Would the greens be fairly easy considering I have a fair amount of trail experience or are there still spots where I'd risk some damage?

Thanks

I know how you feel. I'd like to try out Rausch also but I've got a lot of payments left and I need it to get to work on Monday!

Hopefully I'll get out there this summer...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greggnj
I know how you feel. I'd like to try out Rausch also but I've got a lot of payments left and I need it to get to work on Monday!

Hopefully I'll get out there this summer...
i second that
Old 03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's worth going to scope out. Stick to greens if you don't want to hear any scraping and you'll have a good time.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Paid for my JKU in cash, but I feel the same way. Should have seen me when some arsehole put a shopping cart ding in the lower door, let alone the "sudden modifications" that are bound to happen this summer. My plan is to go slow, go as far as you are comfortable. I am hooking up with Jeep Jamboree just to help me minimize the damage.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Rausch creek greens arent bad. Took a stock 2000 f150 through with no damage till i did i harder blue. Youll be fine with ir jeep

Quick Reply: Running rausch creek stock