Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Which Tire deflators?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f3arn0FJ
Call me old school but whats wrong with just taking out the valve stem, counting to 10 and put it back in? I got a really nice slime gauge ( goes as low as 1psi which is great for my quads ) for $10 and a valve stem remover with my tire plug kit. I can air down all 4 tires (35's) in under 2 mins. Takes about 4 mins to air down my buddies 42's.
Lose one valve stem in the snow that pops out of your hand and it can ruin your whole day! The friends I know that follow this route carry spares in their glovebox.

Last edited by BKGM Jeepers; 04-27-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cheap deflators cost about $12 for 4 that can take your pressure down all at once so long as you're willing to run around your rig with a pressure gauge and pull each one off at the correct time.

I have a set of Stauns for one jeep and a set of cheap'os for my other jeep. Both sets air all 4 down at the same time. The Staun's just to it automatically so I can pull each one off as they stop purging air.

It's a matter of personal preference. I think the currie deflator is very accurate as well if that's your priority.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Lose one valve stem in the snow that pops out of your hand and it can ruin your whole day! The friends I know that follow this route carry spares in their glovebox.
I got an extra pack in the glove box and another pack in y tool box.

Quick Reply: Which Tire deflators?