Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

warn XD9000i and stock battery

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as a long time proponent of yellow tops I am now changing my tune. I do not think that Optima's quality control is very good. I bought one from costco installed it it was dead and not chargable. I returned it got another one and it died in 16mos. That is two yellow tops in 16 mos, for a battery that is supposed to last 72 mos or whatever. So as I had to return it to costco again (they think I am pulling some scam because it shows i keep returning batteries there) I went with the newer Blue top. It has higher CA, and CCA and the same RCA as the yellow top. It also has wingnut accessory posts. I have had it in 1 month so far. I hope this one lasts I stil do not know if there is an internal difference, but all the stats they list on the top of the battery the blue top was better.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwikto
Well as a long time proponent of yellow tops I am now changing my tune. I do not think that Optima's quality control is very good. I bought one from costco installed it it was dead and not chargable. I returned it got another one and it died in 16mos. That is two yellow tops in 16 mos, for a battery that is supposed to last 72 mos or whatever. So as I had to return it to costco again (they think I am pulling some scam because it shows i keep returning batteries there) I went with the newer Blue top. It has higher CA, and CCA and the same RCA as the yellow top. It also has wingnut accessory posts. I have had it in 1 month so far. I hope this one lasts I stil do not know if there is an internal difference, but all the stats they list on the top of the battery the blue top was better.
Yikes! Two in 16 months. that doesn't sound good at all. I looked at the blue top too b/c the Costco in my area doesn't have the yellow tops. The specs on the blue and yellow top seem the same from the Optima website. I can't see why the blue top wouldn't work or what the drawback would be. Maybe someone who knows could chime in.

Quick Reply: warn XD9000i and stock battery