Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

$27 mesh bikini top project

Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just made mine today... made temporary holders with zip ties until the bungees get here..also used some paper clips to hold the fold. After driving at 65 on the highway tonight I think I'm going to add a couple more grommets. It makes very little noise but flapped ever so slightly. It was 95 in Denver today and I drove in the sun for an hour and didn't even sweat.. it honestly dropped the temp by 15 degrees in the car.....

This is a must do.

I have some more tips I'll post later..
Old 08-06-2011, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

I tried my friends he had one and I don't know if a lot of you can relate but its kinda like driving at night with the top down in arizona its still 105 degrees out but the sun isn't burning you.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did this the other day it works great
Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finished mine yesterday. Need to add a couple of groments to the top of the soundbar and it will be done. Other than that it works great with just a little flapping.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Just picked up all the supplies and probably going to knock this out this evening.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUBIMAN07
How are you attaching grommets to the rollbar? Bungees also?
I meant to add a couple of grommets to the material above the soundbar and the run two bungies through the two holes.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Finally got around to finishing mine. Started off with mesh, but while on my way to Lowes with the top off I decided that I needed full shade since we have been 100+ degrees here in Texas for the last 45 days. Got denim from the local fabric store instead of the hardware store. The lady behind the counter was definitely not as excited as I was when I told her what it was for. Had it up to 80 with very little movement and it is way quieter than I expected. I really appreciate all the posts on here that I used to guide me. With fabric and bungees I came out to a few cents over $57. Would have been less, but I decided to double up the fabric so the pattern is visible from inside as well. As promised, here are some pics of mine finished.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06940.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	195821   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06943.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	195822   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06945.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	195823  
Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Klinger-
What kind of side mirror is that? I'm in the market, and have been looking at different options.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ~Klinger~
Finally got around to finishing mine. Started off with mesh, but while on my way to Lowes with the top off I decided that I needed full shade since we have been 100+ degrees here in Texas for the last 45 days. Got denim from the local fabric store instead of the hardware store. The lady behind the counter was definitely not as excited as I was when I told her what it was for. Had it up to 80 with very little movement and it is way quieter than I expected. I really appreciate all the posts on here that I used to guide me. With fabric and bungees I came out to a few cents over $57. Would have been less, but I decided to double up the fabric so the pattern is visible from inside as well. As promised, here are some pics of mine finished.
Great looking rig. That top really is the icing on the cake (no pun intended).

Can you post the measurements for overall size and maybe location of the holes?

Old 08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Rubiman. Really happy with it.

Ajmelin - they are just a set of K-force universal mirrors painted with bedliner and bolted on from the bottom. I had to rig a block to stop them from folding in at speeds over 40. Bought some relocation brackets but the '11s have wiring in them and didn't feel like clipping them. if I had to do it again I would just get a set of safari mirrors.

Evo35- I will measure out in the morning. I put a few extra grommets in that I will probably not use so I will list the ones I use and those I am currently not.

Quick Reply: $27 mesh bikini top project