Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited Build (Ending at the Rubicon Trail!)

Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this will be a great build. Can't wait to see how it develops!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Da10A
Gonna be a delight to follow.... Building is the way to go. I bought my 10A fully loaded and must say that having most of the goodies already on, is somewhat boring.

1- I must ask which axle gearing you have and if you plan to regear to go 37s when you do.

2- With budget not seeming to be a major problem, I question you decision to go with wheel spacers rather than new wheels.?!?!

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk
I have the stock ruby axle now. If I go the 37's route, I was thinking 5:13's. But honestly I haven't thought through it to much, b'c I can only digest so much, lol.

As to the wheels, I'm really trying to take my time and exercise patience. I think the Good Lord wants to teach me something through this...all in good time. I've created a 3 year plan that sets aside a certain amount each year and I think the plan helps me to be a good steward of the funds God has chosen to bless me with.

Believe me, I've got 'Interactive Garage' mock ups of them with and with out the wheels...tough decision!

Interactive Garage
Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wgoode77
10-4.

What do you think about the SmittyBuilt Compressed Air Tank? Supposedly you can run power tools off of it as well. $250...worth it or not? Also, just saw something this past weekend where one of my new wheeling buddies used a Volvo AC Compressor, hooked up to some other do-dads under the hood, and poof...took me from 20 psi to 30 in about 15 seconds. I think you call that a little southern ingenuity, LOL.
The Volvo thing sounds like a cool mod if you can repeat it!,, I have no experience with smittybuilt, but there are a lot of people on the forums that talk large amounts of trash on their quality. I would stick with ARB. They have yet to let me down.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have thoughts/recommendations?
Take your time. Get the jeep out and use it. Learn what it's limitations are and address those as they come up. The biggest mistake I think people make is getting a jeep and going hog wild on it or copying what other say to buy and then they end up with a $75k vehicle that doesn't work how they had hoped. Be very picky how you part with your dollars. If you have not spent some time with it stock I think you miss an important part of setting it up how you like. So my advice would be to be patient and do your homework, ride in other jeeps and really define what exactly you want to do with your jeep.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

10-4.

What do you think about the SmittyBuilt Compressed Air Tank? Supposedly you can run power tools off of it as well. $250...worth it or not? Also, just saw something this past weekend where one of my new wheeling buddies used a Volvo AC Compressor, hooked up to some other do-dads under the hood, and poof...took me from 20 psi to 30 in about 15 seconds. I think you call that a little southern ingenuity, LOL.
Check out ::Kilby Enterprises::. Thats where that setup came from. Not sure if they have a JK version yet though
Old 01-04-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Can everybody say it with me now...Warn and Factor55

Click image for larger version

Name:	VR10000s.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	521208Click image for larger version

Name:	VR10000s_opened.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	521209Click image for larger version

Name:	Factor55.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	521210
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Can everybody say it with me now...Warn and Factor55

Attachment 521208Attachment 521209Attachment 521210
We could,,, but its so expensive,, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth!!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good start and nice build plan. I personally would look at doing the EVO enforcer, the tires with wheel spacers, and c gussets as your next upgrade. I wish I went that route first when I built mine up as it made the biggest improvement to the ride and handling on and off road. After that, gearing to 4.88 (35") or 5.13 (37") and a new front driveshaft. The rest of the cosmetics can come later.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cboggs
Good start and nice build plan. I personally would look at doing the EVO enforcer, the tires with wheel spacers, and c gussets as your next upgrade. I wish I went that route first when I built mine up as it made the biggest improvement to the ride and handling on and off road. After that, gearing to 4.88 (35") or 5.13 (37") and a new front driveshaft. The rest of the cosmetics can come later.
I like your advice, but I have to fork out the cash for something to carry that spare. I don't want to spend the cash for a heavy duty hinge then buy the bumper later. Although, I've been told they sell pretty easy, but there approx. $500 so I'm sure I'd be eating another $100 or more when I go to sell it.

According to your signature your running the DoubleD...have you had first hand experience with the Enforcer? You mention "biggest improvement to the ride and handling" are you referring to your DoubleD system or the Enforcer. From what I've read that long arm kit makes all the difference in the world!!! Probably a long term mod for me whether I go Enforcer or Coilover.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Well, a very large box came for me yesterday...Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers! That is some thick aluminum!!! And the welds are ridiculous (I thought the welds on the bumper looked good...even better in aluminum). The last pick is a small sheet of 22 gauge steel. I'll be cutting it down to size to paint and mount behind the spyder on the front bumper. The rig will have accents of orange, of which will be the orange spyder on the front bumper and others. Don't worry, it will be minimal and I'll keep it classy.

Next I'm off to FastSigns for some customer orange vinyl work. It looks sick in my head...can wait to see how it looks on the rig. Guess that's why I'm doing it vinyl...if I don't like, just peel it off. It'll really come together once the lift, rear bumper and tires are installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockers-box.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	522007Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockers-spyder.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	522006Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockers-pkg profile.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	522008Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockers-side profile.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	522009Click image for larger version

Name:	Orange Spyder.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	522010

Quick Reply: 2012 Rubicon Unlimited Build (Ending at the Rubicon Trail!)