Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

305/55/20's yup 20's

Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of douchebaggery in this thread.

I love the 20inch wheel look.

Every body and their brother has 16inch Mickey Thompson Classic look a likes. I swear every damn Jeep in my town is running some boring cookie cutter wheel and it disgusts me.

I forked out the $31,000 for my 2012 Sahara Unlimited, you better believe when the "new car" thing wears out it will be getting 20's and 35's.

I like cruising my Jeep. Maybe take it to the dunes a couple times each summer, Otherwise I like it clean. call me a poser call me what you want. I don't find enjoyment driving 2 miles an hour up rocks. To each their own.

Keep on Jeepin'

haters are gonna hate.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

In the end everybody is entitled to do with their JK what ever makes them happy. I bought 20's very early on before learning more about Jeeps and the reasoning behind airing down and off roading. I was dissapointed at first because I had already invested the money but as soon as I got my 35's and started attending more jeep events and doing some off roading I realized that it wasn't as bad as they build it up here on the forums. As a matter of fact I have never been called out for running my wheels actually it has been the opposite and I get a lot of compliments. I wheel my rig when I can and I hang with fellow jeepers that run 17's, 18's, and 20's and we just have a good time. Most of the show jeeps that are brought to the events by the vendors are usually running 20's with 35"-40" tires so is it really all that bad if they are building their jeeps this way?

You will always find the Bud dub jeep posted up by the classic jeepers and inevitably the 20" wheel guys will lash back. It takes too much energy to hate all the time so I just lay low and enjoy my jeep runs with my jeep buds. I guess this back and forth keeps the threads alive so its not always a bad thing.

My
Old 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Symon
Halas you running those 305/55/20 with no lift? I so wanna do that same set up. Nice rig!!!
Thanks, yes no lift.

You will have to take the air dam off or trim it a little but it is no big deal at all.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Halas jeep looks fantastic

I have seen his rig in person and it looks incredible. I have owned many sports cars and there is always arguments about rim size, inevitably ,the factory ends up putting larger rims on. It's only a matter of time till jeep puts on 20's from the factory. As long as there is a lot of tire showing. Landrover uses 20's.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Halas
Thanks, yes no lift.

You will have to take the air dam off or trim it a little but it is no big deal at all.
I hope you dont mind me asking you questions but how far out do the tires stick out past the fenders and is there anyway you can take a pic from the back looking down the side thank you so much in advance...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

I think this is the best that I have at the moment, they only stick out about 1"

Really just enough, it looks pretty tight.

Pictures just don't do justice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-314987639.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	320994   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1553619581.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	320995   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-381983236.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	320996  
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Halas
I think this is the best that I have at the moment, they only stick out about 1"

Really just enough, it looks pretty tight.

Pictures just don't do justice.
That is freakin awesome!!!! and yes just order mine!!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
I am running 33x12.5x20 that I put on my jeep because I lucked out and got a crazy deal on both rims and tires that I couldn't pass up. At first I wasn't sure if the rim size was too big but after almost a year of running them on and off road I have no regrets. There is not a lot of places to go true rock crawling around in Florida so it suits my needs for trail and mud rides. I will upgrade to 35's or 37's when I eat through this set but I am in no hurry. I know many don't like the 20 on a jeep but with the right tire and in black they look great in my opinion. So flame away if you must and thanks to those who like the look.

Did you lift?any rubbing issues with the set up you have?looking for these rims and tire set up,but don't want the rubbish issues.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joey718

Did you lift?any rubbing issues with the set up you have?looking for these rims and tire set up,but don't want the rubbish issues.
In reverse at full lock you will rub.

I cut the corners off of the air dam, it took 5 minutes, it is only plastic.

The other 2 options that you have are a 3/4" rubber spacer in the front or taking off the air dam.

I suggest cutting it, it is the easiest!

If you look at the picture you can see where I cut, unless I point it out you would never know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-593638756.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	321098  

Quick Reply: 305/55/20's yup 20's