Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

305/70/17 MT/R-Kevlar & Grand Cherokee Steel 17 Spare Rim

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
I was trying to......
Understood.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for the "dousche" comment. I took it a little too far. I'm not going back to edit my posts...cause I said what I said. If it makes me look like an ass, I guess I deserve it.

Jeep wave to you 07JeepXK.
---

Love the wheels on the OP's rig. I'm considering moving to an AT type of tire as I may be incurring a weekly trip to ABQ from Taos. These rims, if I can't pick up a set of used Rubi rims, may end up on my rig!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shredX
I apologize for the "dousche" comment. I took it a little too far. I'm not going back to edit my posts...cause I said what I said. If it makes me look like an ass, I guess I deserve it.

Jeep wave to you 07JeepXK.
---

Love the wheels on the OP's rig. I'm considering moving to an AT type of tire as I may be incurring a weekly trip to ABQ from Taos. These rims, if I can't pick up a set of used Rubi rims, may end up on my rig!
No need to apologize.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rnjstel

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what can holder is this and how is it attached to the ?stock? spare carrier?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-13-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Swiss
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what can holder is this and how is it attached to the ?stock? spare carrier?

No worries, it's a standard Nato Gerry Can Holder and the Scepter can.

I fabricated and welded brackets to the lower rear hinge allowing it to offset next to the tire.

I did a write up on here on how to do it but, the 32 tire is the max you can run with the can there (taillight hitting when gate open)

Here is the Thread on how to do it

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/usgi-nato-jerry-can-holder-jk-88255/

Last edited by rnjstel; 08-13-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rnjstel
No worries, it's a standard Nato Gerry Can Holder and the Scepter can.

I fabricated and welded brackets to the lower rear hinge allowing it to offset next to the tire.

I did a write up on here on how to do it but, the 32 tire is the max you can run with the can there (taillight hitting when gate open)

Here is the Thread on how to do it

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88255
Thanks for the link, looking good!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked these rims too. The reason we like steel rims for overland travel is if you hit something it will bend the rim. but you can still drive it wont crack like the aluminum. Also if you have to you can beat on it with a sledge if you need to do an emergency tire or rim repair in the field. I hope to find a set of these rims someday. but I would rather get them from a wrecking yard. I too would paint them to match my Jeep Green Rubicon. My jeep is quickly looking just like Mopars overland JK. I was able to pick up an AEV hood and front bumper off of craigslist recently. Trying to decide if I should paint the hood like the JK overland with the Black in the middle. If I had these rims I would be a twin. minus the rack.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
btz
JK Newbie

Old thread I know, but figured better then starting a new one. Anyone have more thoughts/pics of these rims? Looking at black ... hoping for an extreme matte finish (as opposed to gloss which the OP's shots appeared to be). From the original thread, seems people either really like or hate these rims. I definitely like the Overlander JK look ... but not sure if its becuase of the unique white/white look.

Was hoping for some shots of a 4dr with matte black and 33's.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holy Ghost Thread!

Anyways, I have bashed and wheeled them enough that the original quasi shiny OEM finish from Mopar is now solidly matte.

Plus, enough coats of Flat Black Krylon after fixing them with a Sledgehammer and Air Chisel when required really matted them

This was Saturday

I love these wheels, cheap, tough and when you do have an oopsie, easily fixable

Quick Reply: 305/70/17 MT/R-Kevlar & Grand Cherokee Steel 17 Spare Rim